QC question

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
When I enter message 8 into my QC, I get the following reply:

Fleet reposition. Date............. Time.............
In Indianapolis Miles 31 Avail 4
Daily Av:7 Enroute:2

I assume this means I am 31 miles away from Indy, and there are four units in the Indy area. The Indy area averages 7 loads per day, and there are 2 units heading toward Indy. Is this correct? This info says nothing about load size does it? B, C, or D load? Can you enter a message and get load size?

Thanks,

:+ :+

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I believe it means you are 31 miles as the crow flies which could be a lot farther if you are say in Benton Harbor and it's pulling Wisconsin by radius not driving distance. There is no way to get a breakdown by unit size that I know of. Also, you are getting a snapshot not a live view. I don't know what time of day the data is collected. The reply gives the time when you receive it.

Using Indy as the example, it may show 4 available and 2 enroute with 7 daily average jobs however there could be additional units enroute that were dispatched to there after the time of that snapshot. Some or all of the available units may already be dispatched and gone from there as well. If you just delivered in Carmel you may arrive there before the 2 showing enroute and be ahead of them in line.

It is better than no information at all however it isn't live so you can't take it totally at face value.

Leo
truck 4958

Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
The information is for your type of truck.
If it says 7 loads a day, they aren't counting semis ect.
If you are in a van, that is what they are sending you.
As Leo mentioned, it is only as good as when the information was generated.
It also out of the trucks available, doesn't tell you how many teams or singles. They should add that feature. Hint, Hint.
That applies to enroute trucks as well. You must call for that information.

Davekc