QC #8

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
About every day I enter an "8" message on the QC and get a reply. I save this info for future reference. This will give me a picture of the areas, loads, etc. Even though this info might be a week or so old when I use it, it should still be of use shouldn't it? For example if Atlanta has an average of 2 load a day last week, it isn't likely to junp to an average of 4 loads a day is it? The number of trucks waiting and enroute will also change from hour to hour won't it? Is my thinking straight on this?

Thanks. :+ :+

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
In and out bound trucks change constantly. A macro eight will tell you how many trucks but not how many teams for example. Depending on the update time, you may have two trucks in an area but can't accept a run because they don't have the hours to run it.
Also, certain areas have more loads at the end of the month than they might at the beginning. Day of the week will make a difference as well. Two runs may come out of a location on tuesday, while friday may generate 6 loads. Best bet is to call dispatch if unsure on QC info, or it has not updated yet.

Davekc

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I appreciate this info a lot, but I am going to sound sort of naïve about the Qualcomm and need to ask if there is any more tips and tricks on how to use it to our advantage?

Thanks in advance,

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
appreciate this info a lot, but I am going to sound sort of naïve about the Qualcomm and need to ask if there is any more tips and tricks on how to use it to our advantage?
Thanks in advance,

To ensure accurate information, we need to know the carrier you are with. Each carrier provides different information and sometimes in a different format.
There are alot of folks here from many different companies.
There should be someone here to help you out.

Davekc

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
With FDXCC you can call into the VRU (Voice response unit), key in the city code you are interested in and it will give you the number of trucks in different classes that are available. You can also check on the outbound loads dispatched out of that area for that day or 1 week ago or any other day.

mvbn1

Expert Expediter
The only info on the Macro 8, that valid information, is the miles from the city listed, and the average run. Please keep this in mind, I was told that that average is for the last 21 days, not the last week. As for the "unit" info, no one can tell me when that is updated, so it's worthless.

Just my 2 cents...