Put Out Of Service

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just as bad as being OOS WYK(without your knowledge), is being posted in the wrong city. A few years back I emptied in a small town near Knoxville and went to Knoxville to wait. This was very early AM on a Friday. I checked in Friday afternoon and was told they had bid a few and we just hadn't scored, so I decided to hang for Saturday. They get me one! I get the address and they say I'm about 90 miles away. I go to the van and get the atlas out. Hmmm... more like a couple hundred!! I call back and ask where it is they think I am. NASHVILLE!!! Load canceled, driver not a happy camper.

60MPH

Expert Expediter
a couple years back when I was with the big cat I was put oos for not responding to a load offer I was in the truck stop and dispatch did not call or page me. I found out when I called to get my board pos. and they said you are oos. I said what the ????????? when did I go oos, they said we put in down 4 hrs ago you did not respond to a load offer so I called contractors relations and spoke to beverly and she did some research for me and what happened was the dispacther offered the load and only gave me 6 mins. to respond and then he took me off and gave it to someone else. I could not prove that he did not call or page me but she put me back in service because I was pulled off the load in only 6 mins. and you are exposed to have 15 mins. to respond. This was about 3 years ago. p.s. it was a good load milan mi. to starke fl. something I would of not turned down.

60MPH ALL DAY-EVERY DAY