Proverb

louixo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Original Chinese Proverb - Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime!

2012 Update - Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with unlimited free minutes, cash for his clunker, food stamps, section 8 housing, free contraceptives, Medicaid, a hundred weeks of unemployment, and he will vote Democrat for life!

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have too much pride like the rest of us than to live generations on the dole.
But whas realy ****es me off is when somone who actualy contributed to society needs a quick hand up for a month or two so they can get back on thier feet again due to health problems, injurys or un expected financial colapse and has no intention of staying on or has a part time job they of corse have too much income.

Bob Wolf.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have too much pride like the rest of us than to live generations on the dole.
But whas realy ****es me off is when somone who actualy contributed to society needs a quick hand up for a month or two so they can get back on thier feet again due to health problems, injurys or un expected financial colapse and has no intention of staying on or has a part time job they of corse have too much income.

Bob Wolf.

It's very simple. Their goal is NOT to assist, to help responsible people out in a temporary time of need. There goal is solely to control. Self reliant, responsible people will not accept control. Therefore, they are not helped. They are punished by withhold assistance for a short term problem and hit with punishing taxes when they succeed.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Seems to me, I recall a thread recently discussing those in "dire need" and the general consensus was they could take a flying leap. :mad:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Why support those who are unwilling to support themselves? Charity SHOULD be a GIFT, not a requirement. I do a LOT more for people when I use my hard earned money by hiring someone to provide a service that I need or purchase an item that employees people to make that item.

The more you hand out the less will be done. That is EXACTLY why it is, for the most part, illegal to feed wild animals, they become dependent on the hand outs and forget how to fend for themselves. People, in general, are no different. Hire them, don't baby them.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Why support those who are unwilling to support themselves? Charity SHOULD be a GIFT, not a requirement. I do a LOT more for people when I use my hard earned money by hiring someone to provide a service that I need or purchase an item that employees people to make that item.

The more you hand out the less will be done. That is EXACTLY why it is, for the most part, illegal to feed wild animals, they become dependent on the hand outs and forget how to fend for themselves. People, in general, are no different. Hire them, don't baby them.

Please re-read what bob said.

Bob Wolf.

Helping those in "dire need" is the right thing to do.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Please re-read what bob said.

Helping those in "dire need" is the right thing to do.

I don't understand. I THOUGHT I was agreeing with Bob. I get tired of supporting people for their entire life. A quick hand out is ok with me, BUT, should it be forced by government or a gift, charity?

Who decides what is "dire need" ? The government? Their of "dire need" for the past 50 years or so is anyone who does not wish to work.

ANY WHO, Time for ME to earn some money so Obama can steal it from me and give it to a welfare ranger. LATER GATER!

Darn, The load is not ready, Obama will have to wait a while longer!

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Thank You. :p

It should NOT be required for us to pay others though. As it is now they are curtailing my ability to provide for my own families wants and needs. That is NOT right. They are inhibiting my ability to expand my business. That is not CHARITY, that is stealing. Charity is NOT a government function. I SHOULD have the RIGHT to determine to whom and for how long I gift some one with the fruits of OUR labor.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't understand. I THOUGHT I was agreeing with Bob. I get tired of supporting people for their entire life. A quick hand out is ok with me, BUT, should it be forced by government or a gift, charity?

Who decides what is "dire need" ? The government? Their of "dire need" for the past 50 years or so is anyone who does not wish to work.

ANY WHO, Time for ME to earn some money so Obama can steal it from me and give it to a welfare ranger. LATER GATER!

Darn, The load is not ready, Obama will have to wait a while longer!

better watch out...he might try to charge you interest....LOL