Pros and cons to a permanent sleeper

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
The best permanent sleeper Ive got is at home and I miss her .:D whats a boy to do......................

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I forgot about this until i was posting on another thread about load floor length..The Fed limits CV's and sprinters to 2 skids (or the use to, that may have changed, i am not sure) so alot of people ste their units up for that purpose and install a permanent wall or bulkhead.

While in Dallas a while back, I watched a guy tear the bulkhead out of his van that he had installed when he was with FedEx...he moved to another company and was losing bigger loads because he had limited his load ability with that wall...

Just food for thought..

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Excuse my thinking this is a business....you pay for a cargo van you get a cargo vans space and NO more....pay for a sprinter you get 12 feet.....this is a user pay system here.....gee whiz...

paullud

Veteran Expediter
In an extended length Ford you can have enough room for 2 pallets and a small bed.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Nick sleeps diagonal in ours when I drive since he is 6 2. Me I stretch out arms above my head. the joys of being 4 10 :)

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
only if your short enough to fit sideways in a van

well I don't think you'd ask about a permanent sleeper if you couldn't sleep sideways in a van, unless your hauling gold bricks in the last 3' feet of cargo space it would take to put a bed length wise.

jhamlin

Seasoned Expediter
I just have a 2X4 frame I built, that supports a nice futon. I did have to give up 3-skid loads, and frankly don't have a clue how much business I might have lost. The back of the frame is hinged so it sleeps 2 when wife & I use for personal trips.