Promaster plugs

Pro3500

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Decided on doing plugs myself this time around. Had a light come on went into limp mode. Throttle body going bad or dirty. So in I went. Not bad at all I have to say. The plugs just have 6 or 7 plastic pieces that need to come off. The throttle body I can do on the shoulder not hard at all. I bought one to carry with me. It was dirty for sure, I cleaned it and the intake. The plug gap had opened up from 45 thousands to an average of 57 thousands in 108,000 miles. My mileage at 65mph still averaged 19.7 highway. I did have a little skip at an idle from time to time and that's gone. Not sure if it was the plugs or gummed up throttle body. The worst part of the plug job was removing a bracket on the right rear of the intake. There's also 2 10mm nuts on the front that need to come off as well. Before I reinstalled the intake I slotted both brackets in front and the rear bracket. Now I don't need to remove that rear bracket just remove the nuts lift straight off. One other mod I made was on the hose clamp on the throttle body. They are clocked with a little rubber nub molded in. The one on the throttle body was around the back side and would be very difficult getting at. I removed the nub so the clamp can be turned. I installed the intake with throttle body off so I could install it after the fact. Just to be sure I can get at it easy and I could. I'm not seeing a $400.00 job for plugs here for sure. When went to get the plugs I told him year make model and I needed plugs for it. The kid was looking up my model and asked if it was a diesel.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I can see that if you asked simply for "plugs" and not specifically "spark plugs," especially if a few minutes earlier he had been looking up "glow plugs."