Problem with van

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
jrcase, good luck getting upper management. at ford you always get a call center on the other side of the states when they find out where your from.in 2006 fords computers must of had my number in their system because it would send me california for some reason.just didnt want to hear problems with there trucks.6.0 diesel #1 mistake.#2 i new better than to get one.

Fr8 Shaker

Veteran Expediter
I'm just saying, I had the same shudder problem and after the torque converter was changed I haven't had the problem since. Might need to have a reputable trans shop check it out.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Something I just thought of is it could be an issue with the lines or cooler if you have one. My father in law had an issue with his Chevy pickup where the cooler and lines were plugged, this can cause the torque converter to be unbalanced when the fluid level drops and it will shudder. It seems they have eliminated the engine and electronic controls by the tests. It seems it would have to be something mechanical that they can't figure out since they can't hookup a computer and be told what it is.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If GM can't help you, try to find a trusted, independent transmission shop to assist you. I had a shudder at 35-45 mph in my Ford van, a '94 with an E4OD. My mechanic wanted to put a Jasper in, and just about any chain tranny shop will sell you a rebuild job for $2000+. I ended up taking the van to Landis Transmission in Leola, PA. That shop diagnosed it as a solenoid problem. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the problem, but for $190 and change, the problem was FIXED. :D :D :D 87K miles later, the trans is still in good shape, the fluid stays clean, and I am happy!

Good luck :)