President O'Biden

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Because trump would not have shut down the xl pipeline extension or pulled permits to stop drilling for oil.....we did tell you all that Biden was a bad idea.....
Biden declared early in his campaign (2019) that he would "get rid of fossil fuels". He's following through on this promise by reinstating regulatory red tape that Trump had eliminated, denying permits to drill and creating an environment that discourages investment in investment in refinery expansion.

The last significant oil refinery in the US was built in 1977. Many smaller ones closed during the covid pandemic and haven't been able to re-open, as we head into recession due to the economic mismanagement of this hapless administration.

Reactions: danthewolf00

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Because trump would not have shut down the xl pipeline extension or pulled permits to stop drilling for oil.....we did tell you all that Biden was a bad idea.....
Both of those items have no impact on todays price, 5 years from now yes, but not today.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Biden declared early in his campaign (2019) that he would "get rid of fossil fuels". He's following through on this promise by reinstating regulatory red tape that Trump had eliminated, denying permits to drill and creating an environment that discourages investment in investment in refinery expansion.

The last significant oil refinery in the US was built in 1977. Many smaller ones closed during the covid pandemic and haven't been able to re-open, as we head into recession due to the economic mismanagement of this hapless administration.
If I would have heard him say that I would have been more inclined to vote for him, but I dont recall him every saying that. We need to figure out how to move beyond fossil fuels for things like transportation where they thermal efficiency of an internal combustion engine is so low. Natural gas for heating is fine as long as its being used in a newer furnace that over 90% efficient.

I have seen that being said before but I have never seen where that has been proven, if there is a list of refineries that have been closed dont you think there would be a list of them somewhere to back up that statement?

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So I did some research on the refineries that have closed in the last couple of years, this report shows the ones that have closed (or switched to other products)

First on the list:

The Philadelphia Energy Solutions refinery in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: 335,000 b/cd

There was a major accident which caused the refinery to be closed, is this Joe Bidens fault? No

The Shell refinery in Convent, Louisiana: 211,146 b/cd

Shell made the difficult decision to shut down the refinery in November 2020. The decision is part of the company’s global strategy to invest in a core set of uniquely integrated manufacturing sites that are also strategically positioned for the transition to a low-carbon future.

Is this Joe Bidens fault? No

The Tesoro (Marathon) refinery in Martinez, California: 161,000 b/cd

Marathon Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: MPC) announced today that its Board of Directors has approved plans to convert its Martinez, California, refinery into a renewable fuels manufacturing facility.

The HollyFrontier refinery in Cheyenne, Wyoming: 48,000 b/cd

HollyFrontier Corporation (NYSE: HFC) (“HollyFrontier”) today announced that its Board of Directors has approved a plan to convert the Cheyenne Refinery to renewable diesel production and to construct a pre-treatment unit (“PTU”) located at the Artesia Refinery.

The Western Refining refinery in Gallup, New Mexico: 27,000 b/cd

The refinery in Gallup is shutting down for good. It halted operations when the pandemic first hit New Mexico. Now Marathon Petroleum, the company that runs the oil refinery, just told their 200 plus employees they are permanently closing the facility by the end of the year.

The Dakota Prairie refinery in Dickinson, North Dakota: 19,000 b/cd

Marathon Petroleum Corp. (MPC) has fully commissioned a grassroots renewable diesel production unit built as part of the operator’s conversion of its former conventional crude oil refinery in Dickinson, ND, into a renewables manufacturing site.

After all the locations are being converted to bio diesel, that will help the trucking industry.

But I guess since cheeto says its Bidens fault you will still believe the lies.....

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If I would have heard him say that I would have been more inclined to vote for him, but I dont recall him every saying that. We need to figure out how to move beyond fossil fuels for things like transportation where they thermal efficiency of an internal combustion engine is so low. Natural gas for heating is fine as long as its being used in a newer furnace that over 90% efficient.

I have seen that being said before but I have never seen where that has been proven, if there is a list of refineries that have been closed dont you think there would be a list of them somewhere to back up that statement?
There are two different things in play right now in the energy markets - closures for various reasons which include disasters and non-profitability, and the lack of long-term investment due to federal policies that will be in place for at least the next two years. This also affects expansion of existing refining facilities and crude oil production. Biden is openly hostile to both of these, and his completely daft "green new deal" direction has put us in a place where petroleum products are becoming cost prohibitive while green energy is nowhere near being affordable, dependable or plentiful.

"Following on your campaign promise to 'end fossil fuel,' consider just some of the policy and investment signals being sent by various federal agencies and allied state governments to the market about our refining industry," API's Mike Sommers and AFPM's Chet Thomspon wrote to Biden, listing the administration's stringent light-duty fuel economy standards and the SEC's climate-related risk disclosure proposal as efforts that have discouraged investment.
Others have also noted government policies favoring renewable fuel production, behind which the Biden administration just threw its full weight by finalizing record blending requirements under the renewable fuel standard, as well as green investment principles, for driving investment away from oil refining."

Reactions: muttly

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Just when we think it can't get any worse, the Biden Administration reaches a new level of duplicity: selling our SPR oil to China. This should really ease our pain at the pump.
For a grand total of 6 million barrels to over sea countries.....
But he begs OPEC to produce more oil.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Please explain how this is Bidens fault? Is he supposed to sit there and make sure the oil goes to Americans? This is how the oil market works.

Unbelievable.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Replace Biden with Trump and you'll have your answer as you would then be splainin to us exactly how it was his fault.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Replace Biden with Trump and you'll have your answer as you would then be splainin to us exactly how it was his fault.
Heck they would be up in arms with pitch forks and torches to pull him out of the white house.....selling to another country while your country is having record high gas prices isn't just stupid its impeachment level stupid.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Please explain how this is Bidens fault? Is he supposed to sit there and make sure the oil goes to Americans?
Exactly - the SPR oil is there to alleviate disruption in US oil and gas supplies, not to sell to our adversaries. Biden controls the SPR releases, not the oil companies. We're not talking about the open market.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Here is the most important part of that article:

Some conservatives conceded the point - at least in part. "Once oil is released from the Strategic Petroleum Reserves, current U.S. law allows for companies that are registered to purchase it to then sell it on the market, including to adversaries like China," said Heritage Foundation energy analyst Jack Spencer.

But you sheep will still blame Biden for it.

Reactions: Ragman

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter

Here is the most important part of that article:

Some conservatives conceded the point - at least in part. "Once oil is released from the Strategic Petroleum Reserves, current U.S. law allows for companies that are registered to purchase it to then sell it on the market, including to adversaries like China," said Heritage Foundation energy analyst Jack Spencer.

But you sheep will still blame Biden for it.
Well you still blame trump for stuff....1.7 years after leaving office.