President O'Biden

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
With well over 4000 active rigs in the past there isn't a lot of reason to genuflect and gush over 663.

Never nag a rise in production.

The peak rig count during Trump's administration never reached more 1,100 active rigs.

Under Obama it was ... (wait for it) ... over 2,000.

:tearsofjoy:

Unless one is overfilled with koolaid I guess.

Getting 440 rigs spinning again ain't nothing to sneeze at.

And your Uncle Joe ain't done yet:

U.S. crude oil production forecast to rise in 2022 and 2023 to record-high levels - EIA

:tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Well, when you've finished your "research", get back with us and give us a report.

Be sure to include a link to the source where you obtained the data.
Prove me wrong.....but we both know he shutdown alot of oil and natural gas just hours after he got in the White House.

Reactions: muttly

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Here is a good explanation as to why Biden isnt to blame for our gas prices.
An opposing viewpoint:

"But US firms have less incentive to produce more oil while facing heavy regulations – meaning they’re more likely to leave the oil in the ground and drill in the future when prices are higher..."

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
While Trump was President and before the Pandemic, in the U.S, we had more people working( and demand was higher because people needed gas to drive to work) than we do now. But gas prices were much lower.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
While Trump was President and before the Pandemic, in the U.S, we had more people working( and demand was higher because people needed gas to drive to work) than we do now. But gas prices were much lower.
Right because the Saudis and the Russians were pumping oil at a loss to flood the market and put American companies out of business. This has been documented over and over again.

Reactions: Ragman and RLENT

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Right because the Saudis and the Russians were pumping oil at a loss to flood the market and put American companies out of business. This has been documented over and over again.
And when did that start? Right at the beginning of the Pandemic, March 2020. I’m referring to well before that.The economy was doing great much before then and gas prices were still lower.
The sharp drop in March 2020 is even displayed in the chart I posted previously.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And when did that start? Right at the beginning of the Pandemic, March 2020. I’m referring to well before that.The economy was doing great much before then and gas prices were still lower.
The sharp drop in March 2020 is even displayed in the chart I posted previously.
It started before that but when the pandemic hit it amplified what they were trying to do. Look at the drop before the cliff, see how it was trending down? If there was no Covid, they would have kept pumping at a loss, but it would have taken much longer for them to get what they want.

Reactions: Ragman and RLENT

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Speaking of energy prices, why isn't anyone talking about coal? Record high prices right now, shortages in Europe and US coal producers can't take advantage.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It started before that but when the pandemic hit it amplified what they were trying to do. Look at the drop before the cliff, see how it was trending down? If there was no Covid, they would have kept pumping at a loss, but it would have taken much longer for them to get what they want.
While Trump was President the price of gas averaged below 3 dollars and often well below that. Gas prices naturally fluctuate, but they didn’t wildly spike upwards from the base $2.50 range to well over 3 dollars until Biden was elected.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My how things change, its usually the Republicans trying to explain how the laws of supply and demand work, but as soon as the price of gas shoots up, its Biden's fault, did they forget how the market works????

Naaa, they just have to blame someone for it.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

He gets it, and the rest of the 5 are so addicted to capitalism that they think is perfectly OK. Just wait until they figure out capitalism is dead and has been replaced by corporatism.

Reactions: RLENT

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The NY Times admits that Hunter Biden’s laptop is legit. (Although it was obvious the laptop was real for a long time.)
So that means “10 percent for the big guy” is real too.
Curious if the Lefty(Screw) Loosies still cling to the delusion that Joe isn’t a corrupt politician?