Fuel for Thought Preparedness

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
As Hurricane Mathew makes it way to the U.S., you hear a lot of talk about people in affected areas and how they should be prepared. Being prepared with supplies such as water, food and shelter.

It is always a good idea to be prepared. As we approach the end of the year, with cooler weather coming, make sure you have your winter gear with you as you travel.

As a general rule, I carry certain supplies with me at all times.

READ MORE...

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Somehow I missed this for the list - good flashlight and extra batteries. With daylight getting shorter, it will most likely get used more often.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We have been running disaster loads and thought of a few more things to be prepared and why.

A good GPS as some of the road signs or all of the road signs could be missing. More important though is an up to date road map. We have had to wander around the country side some to get around flooded closed roads and our hard copy map was invaluable to look at the road possibilities. The hard copy map was dusty from being put away in a cupboard but it sure proved why we needed it this past week.

Top off the fuel in your tank before getting to close to the disaster area due to power outages.

Carry a little extra food if you have to wait to get into an area.

Carry cash because if there is no electricity the machines do not work and you could have to use cash to purchase anything.

Reactions: Greg