Pre Pass

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
hope you didnt pull in. if the sign says closed, go on by regardless of what the transponder says. prepass is a good thing when the scales leave it alone. lately they seem to be messing with it.

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
Was this the Jackson scale?
A few months back one of my straight trucks on the eastbound side received a green light and was chased down for running the scale. The driver showed the officer the transponder and it still had the green light and all went well after a roadside inspection.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
ya, isnt that some crap. the states have been doing some weird stuff lately. one good culprit is the hope, ar scale. you can prepass that thing for weeks then its weeks of pull in. my state of il. is another good one. we almost never get bypassed. only a certain few.

ts675

Seasoned Expediter
That's because they assume your up to no good being all shadowy and all.. lol had any good cookouts in laredo lately?

tryhours3191

Seasoned Expediter
No I did not pull in. Just thought it was funny. It was down by Knoxville.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums

Monty

Expert Expediter
Only three reasons you get redlighted by PrePass ... (to the best of my knowledge)

1. Your carrier rating begs an inspection, (we will inspect you into compliance)

2. Random

3. Scales have it set so no one by passes

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
you are exactly right. thats what they have been doing alot lately at certain scales.

100% pull in for days. some that only open rarely are always 100% pull in.

tryhours3191

Seasoned Expediter
Wen past the same scale this morning, again red light, scale closed. The scale going the other way was open, green light. LoL

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums