pre pass

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Heard today that pre-pass will no longer be taken out of our settlements.Price will increase to 14.50 per month,and we are going to have to make arangements to set up paying the bill.The new price of pre-pass is 16 bucks a month,but they will still honor the fed ex discount.

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
Heard today that pre-pass will no longer be taken out of our settlements.Price will increase to 14.50 per month,and we are going to have to make arangements to set up paying the bill.The new price of pre-pass is 16 bucks a month,but they will still honor the fed ex discount.

We have always had our own account with them. We have the Pre-Pass and Ezy pass combo transponder.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
It has been a nice convenience to have this as a settlement deduction and I hate to see the price go up but the unit is still worth the cost.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I missed something, again, where and when was it said that we could no longer have the pre-pass out of our settlement? How do I set up for payment? I seem to be very far behind the curve on this one. I have a combo transponder, does Pre-Pass, Nor-Pass and Easy-Pass. Man I hate when I miss important stuff. Layoutshooter

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
layoutshooter sounds like you do not need to worry about it. No more settlement deductions. The deduction was just on PrePass not on any of the combo passes.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I am not sure about that one. My Pre-Pass fees are deducted monthly from my FedEx settlement. We talked to them today and was told that this would no longer happen but that they did not know for sure when and what proceedure would be used to set up the accounts with Pre-Pass. I am sooooo confused. Layoutshooter

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I am sure they will let us know by the weekly email and a letter to the house about when the change will happen. This change was initiated by PrePass and not FCC. It should not be a big deal to change over but it does sound as if the OOIDA discount will get us the best rates now.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I will have to research all the rates further. Don't you just love it when something that is easy gets more comlicated and more expensive? The fun just never ends!! LOL Layoutshooter

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Well as aweful as it sounds we could just go into all the scales.

Just think of all the fuel wasted by slowing down and then having to speed up once again to get out of the scales!

We have not seen the letter yet either on how PrePass is changing and the new rates. Cannot make a decison till we learn more about this. Good though that Steve was able to give us a heads up.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yea, I understand the benifits of the Pre-Pass and stick with it. I just learned today reading this forum. The letter part might make it hard since we are not home a lot to get the mail, but we will muddle through I am sure. Doing some quick reading it does seem that OOIDA discount is better but we too shall wait for everything to hit the fan before we decide exactly what we are going to do. Layoutshooter

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
I talked with both FECC and PRE PASS today,starting with the March statement,I'll be on the OOIDA discount.THere wont be a break in useage,and the bills will come to my house, although you can have it set up with a credit card