PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I JUST GOT SOME BAD NEWS.TOOK A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN.RESULTS CAME BACK POSITIVE.WHAT RIGHTS DO I HAVE FOR A RETEST.ANY TIME FRAME INVOLVED.I REQUESTED A RETEST AND WAS TOLD BY THE MRO THEY WOULD BE CONTACTING ME.HAVE NOT HERD BACK.DO I HAVE ANY LEGAL RIGHTS.ANY ANSWERS ON THIS TOPIC WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL AND GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS.

Brandy

Expert Expediter
HaHaHa Dude you just should've said "No To Drugs". HaHaHa If you think that maybe there was a mistake made, you should've gotten tested at several other sites and shown the company you wanted to work for that there had to be a mistake made, if all the other tests taken at different places came up negative for durgs. But since you've been smoking weed, hell yea its gonna come up positive and NO you don't have any rights on the subject.

Sean

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
go to a one of your own choosing, have it retalen as if you aply to others place it will be done again and again
did you list any medical problems that you might taking differents
drugs that would show that they were allow for clearing up a medical problem, if you don't tell them about it they will show up as
postive results

zingfu25

Expert Expediter
Brandy, I don't think he asked the question so you could laugh at him. I guess you are as immature as most as your posts. People wonder why posts are slow....heres a good example.

MR.SNAPPY

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
HEY BRANDY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AND INPUT.WHY DONT YOU MAKE A APPOINTMENT WITH A GOOD PROCTOLOGIST TO GET YOUR HEAD REMOVED..

gambler

Expert Expediter
the big question here is,what did you fail for?? did you have illegal drugs in your sytem,or "unapproved" drugs.or a "masking agent"(meant to try to fool the tester?? you need to be more specific if you really want help. also only you know truly what is in your system.if you are a drug user and just happened to get caught then you are foolish for even pissing,and also i would then say i'm glad cause there are already to many drug addicts and alcoholic drivers on the road already. note i am NOT acusing you merely asking!!

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming the test gave a FALSE positive, if I was in your shoes, I would run, not walk, to two different industry-recognized drug testing companies and pay each of them do a test.

Drug test information goes into databases that can be cross-referenced and accessed years later by any number of future employers, background checkers, etc. Bad information about you that is out there, whether it is true or not, can haunt you for years.

Sure, today's drug testing company will promise your privacy. But that data already resides in at least two databases now, the testing company and the carrier. It will probably get passed on to your carrier's insurance company as well. Companies get bought and sold all the time. Company databases are prized assets. Data mining operations are regularly conducted by professionals hired for that purpose. No one can say with certainty what will happen to the drug-test-failure that now exists on you or who will see it.

The next time you change or get new health, life, disability, or auto, or liability insurance, you will be required to sign a release giving your new insurnace company the authority to check your old records. That release is all your current companies need to legally pass your test data on. A record of a failed drug test - true or not - is still a record of a failed test. While I'm happy to give you the benefit of the doubt here, insurance companies won't. If credit rating companies get their hands on the data, that could hurt you as well.

I'd be deeply troubled that the first company did not offer a retest right away. Two additional tests personally paid for by you may sound like overkill. But when you consider that a driver's entire career depends on clean drug tests, I'd leave nothing to chance.

In addition to insisting on a retest by the first company (paying for it myself if necessary), I'd get two additional companies to test me right now, so in the future when anyone researches the test data on you for this time period, the database records themselves will make the arguement that the first company produced a false positive.

Without such data showing your true clean record, people in the future may never bother to even ask you about the test you "failed." They'll make their decision based on the data alone and just pass you over and look at the next person in line.

RobZip

Expert Expediter
Unless second testing was done within 24 hours or so of notification of the failed test, the results will be meaningless. Most all pharmaceuticals and street drugs have a 24 to 72 hour range of detection in the system through urinalysis. A person who failed a test due to those substances in the system could easily pass a test again after approximately 3 days. The exception to this would be cannabis which for a regular smoker may be detectable for up to 28 days. People who only do a few tokes on a weekly basis or less can test below threshold amounts after a few days.

The only test that can detect any drugs for a longer period would be the hair snip test. The hair snip is expensive but generally recognized as accurate for a minimum of the previous 90 days. Longer periods of accuracy are claimed, but acceptance of longer term results varies. If a person is absolutely positive that they have not used any contraband, it may be worth a shot to go that way. Even if an individual company would accept the results of snip testing, there is no guarantee that it would be accepted by DOT or any other regulatory agency.

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Another problem with positive drug test results is they are most often reported to DAC services by the company that requested the test. But not all companies use DAC.
There might have been a lot of laughter from Sean's post, but the only chemical involved in a standard urine screening test that will stay in one's body for much more than 15 hours or so is THC from marajuana. It can remain in urine samples for six months or more, and years in hair or fingernail samples.
So what to do now? Wait it out, and try again at a later date.
-Weave-
....I quit drinking. Started sniffing glue;)

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I just woke up! Didn't even have coffee yet. I had the PC on and hit the enter button and it brought me here. The funny thing about it is the only thing I saw first was your number of posts Weave. It gave me goose bumps. It was on 666.

Brandy

Expert Expediter
MRSNAPPY I was just busting your chops, besides you didn't say if it was a mistake or if you really did have drugs in your system at the time you failed your drug/alcohol test. Us drivers are professionals, you better make dam sure you don't have drugs or alcohol in your system when you get behind the wheel of that commercial vehicle. The last thing this industry needs is more bad press cause some driver high on something ran into the back of a school bus killing all 50 children and the bus driver and him/herself. I HATE drunk drivers and I HATE people who drive with illegal drugs in their systems so if the rest of you don't like how I feel about it then TOUGH and now I know what you guys do in between runs. MRSNAPPY if they made a mistake on your test then I'm sorry for laughing at you and making you look stupid. But if you were "HIGH" or did have illegal drugs in your system when you walked into that office and did your thing in that little cup, then HAHAHAHA at least thats one less alcoholic/druggie of OUR STREETS.

SEAN