Pray For Helen

midsouthx

Seasoned Expediter
:(Sometime this weekend Scott Massom a driver for Expediter Services contracted to FedEx C/C was murdered and robbed. I do not have all the details as to when and were ut I am asking that everyone pray for Helen for these are going to be some tough and trying times for her. Please everyone stay safe out there and take care of your co-driver.
GOD BLESS

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Consider it done. Please try to get the details. Infomation like that can help countless others avoid this fate, even if it was not trucking related. Layoutshooter

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
:(Sometime this weekend Scott Massom a driver for Expediter Services contracted to FedEx C/C was murdered and robbed. I do not have all the details as to when and were ut I am asking that everyone pray for Helen for these are going to be some tough and trying times for her. Please everyone stay safe out there and take care of your co-driver.
GOD BLESS

Let us know where to send flowers.

Here is a link to an interview with the brother-in-law.

Marlboro County deputies investigate homicide | SCNow

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Thanks for letting us know... if anyone talks to her, please pass along our prayers.

I will post a note on the main forum also.

Dale

jansiemoo

Seasoned Expediter
They are collecting funds for Helen and her family set up at:
Expediter Services, c/o April Holland, 3380 Goodman Rd., Southaven, MS 38637.
Please make checks out to Helen Massom.
If you have any questions you may email April at: [email protected]

Please keep his family in your prayers and keep safe out there.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Thank you jansiemoo,
I've added this to the post on the main forum.

Dale

BigRed32771

Expert Expediter
We will include Scott and Helen in our prayers, of course.

My wife (and co-driver)'s first response to seeing this was outrage at the FDCC (or any other) rules that prevent us from carrying protection on the truck with us. We are in the process of applying for concealed carry permits, and with all that's going on would like to have protection with us on the road.

Doug

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
FEDERAL LAW,not FDCC,no weapons in a commercial vehicle.Even with a permit,its jail time in Ma.and Ny.If your going to carry a weapon,you better be a Federal Marshal.

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
FEDERAL LAW,not FDCC,no weapons in a commercial vehicle.Even with a permit,its jail time in Ma.and Ny.If your going to carry a weapon,you better be a Federal Marshal.

Can you provide us that link under CFRs or HSMV or? I cannot find any Federal regulation prohibiting the carrying of a weapon. Regardless, I still wouldn't blame FDCC for their policy. Scott's death occurred on private property (IN-LAWS) and not associated with any FDCC business, so a law or policy for or against is not relevant in this sad event. We do not and will not carry a firearm on our truck. Instead, we depend in making common sense judgements to avoid being a target in the first place. In many cases when I was a Paramedic, the victim, although well armed, never had an opportunity to pull their weapon.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
You cross into Canada and a few states with a concealed weapon it is a federal offense. Do not do this.

There are much better and legal ways to protect ourselves just use your imagination.

nobb4u

Expert Expediter
Actually it would not be a federal offense to carry gun into states that prohibit possession of a weapon. It would be a felony in that state only. You can take a gun to the Canadian Border but you better be prepared to leave it there because they get real nasty if you try to enter their country with a gun.

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
We will include Scott and Helen in our prayers, of course.

My wife (and co-driver)'s first response to seeing this was outrage at the FDCC (or any other) rules that prevent us from carrying protection on the truck with us. We are in the process of applying for concealed carry permits, and with all that's going on would like to have protection with us on the road.

Doug

Still outraged with FEDEX? See link below.

Valparaiso woman, her brother charged in her husband's slaying / nwi.com

aileron

Expert Expediter
Oh my, can someone change the title 'pray for helen' to maybe 'pray for helen to rot in hell'.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I'd say she still needs our prayers.. not only as she lost a husband, but has to deal with the fact that her brother did it, and she is caught in the middle.

Dale

BEARTRUCKER

Seasoned Expediter
We knew Scott and Helen for 3 years.
They where our friends.
I don't know why my friend killed my friend, or why my friend's brother killed my friend.
Let Scott rest in God's peace.
Let the legal system handle Helen and her brother.​

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It is a very sad thing for all involved. It is a shame that people still do these things to people. Layoutshooter