Powerwash wood floor in insulated box ?

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
Is there any reason I should not Powerwash the untreated wood floor in the cargo box ? It's pretty dirty. Any cleaning agent recommendations ? I was thinking murphys oil soap. Thoughts ?

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

Slacktide

Seasoned Expediter
you could end up warping the floor, you'd be better off getting a floor sander and cleaning it up that way.

^^^^ that is a very good point.

It could be done IF you had PLENTY of time to use your refer to dry it out. I would not have "Streakin Beacon" wash it out for you, they will soak all of your equipment in the truck. If you were to wash it out do it yourself with the truck on an incline. That way the water will not sit and soak into your floor, then I would follow up with compressed air and get as much water blown out as possible then let the refer finish drying it for you. After that seal the floor with either Thompsons or get in touch with Jeff Jones at Stoops and find out who he uses in Ft. Wayne that applies the epoxy to the floors in the trucks he sells. Actually you may want to go that route first they could probably sand the floor and seal it and you wont have to worry about warping and drying it out, or the work involved in doing it yourself. I am here to tell you that the epoxy is the way to go, we have it in our box and wouldn't want to be without it in the future.

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
Thanks, I'm going to go the sand / epoxy route. I was worried about putting water on the floor,
And you have confirmed my fears. Appreciate the reply.
Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

greg334

Veteran Expediter
What warp the floor?

Most of these reefer floors are treated already, so I would say with the normal wear and tear, a washout is not a problem. However it you use a power-wash to clean before treating the floor, then I would use a good soap with hot water and them run the reefer to pull a lot of the moisture out of the air with the box shut.

Reefer boxes as per Kidron are made to be washed out, so I would not worry about getting things wet in there. I would also suggest calling the manufacturer and asking them what can be used to treat the floor.

You own the truck?

IF not have the owner have it done.