Potential expediter

libra112

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hello everyone, My name is Libra. I'm wanting to get into the expediting business but unfortunately I don't have a vehicle "yet." I do not have my CDL license "yet" but however I am in the process of studying for them now. Also, the closest experience I have is doing delivery service for a auto body paint & supply store. (In which I drove for a year). Does this count as experience in the business?
Is it possible to start from the bottom & work my way up to the top? I do have a clean background, MVR & I DO NOT do drugs or even drink for that matter. I live in Conyers Ga. but I'm willing to travel anywhere in the U.S. Also I am willing to dedicate all my time to this because I really do want to learn the ins & outs. Thank you so much for your time & I look forward to hearing from you,
Libra

paullud

Veteran Expediter
What do you mean by saying work your way to the top?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

libra112

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
Learning everything there is to learn in hopes of one day starting own company.

Last edited:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
The delivery experience likely wouldn't count for much in the expedite industry. It may not matter as there are quality companies that don't require experience. It is certainly possible to gain experience and start your own company. You can be a fleet owner or run an expedite company, both have their own set of headaches and good things so you would just have to pick as an individual.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Libra, welcome to EO. Please start your research by reading the FAQ in the Newbies Forum, there's a lot of answers to be found there.