POLL: Did You Have ANY Delivery Experience BEFORE Expediting

Did You Have ANY Delivery Experience BEFORE Expediting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
FWIW, I voted YES in the poll because I delivered newspapers when I was a kid.

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
Are those current numbers? If they are, I'm impressed. I'm asking because in this area those numbers used to be obtainable but now it's not even close.

One Dominos I worked at in the 80's we used to be bummed if we "only" made $60 a night. Most nights were around $80 & every now & then we'd break $100.

In the late 90's/early 2000's I worked at another location. My manager from the first place transferred to another store & I ended up working at that one. That one had several days over $100. The Sundays when there was an NFL game were the best. Those days we'd easily break $100 w/ my best being $181.

Both those places aren't even close to what they used to be. I tried working again at the first location last year & would be lucky to make $20. The tips were good, just not nearly as many runs.

The differences were back then there weren't a gazillion pizza places like there are now. Also since they now charge for delivery, the people who live close tend to pick it up & therefore most of the deliveries are the further ones.

You're 100% right on the area. I've worked at a few Dominos & substituted at a few others. The best areas are those quaint type towns w/ not much traffic. That way you can get a lot of deliveries per hour. The ones that ya don't do so well at are the ones w/ a lot of stoplights & heavy traffic. Even if the tips are good, you're not getting enough runs.

I've never worked a college town/military base. Those might be the exception to the heavy traffic rule because ya can take 8 orders to 1 dorm or what have ya. Still getting lots of runs per hour though.

I have delivered pizzas on and off for years whenever things were slow when I was in business. Great way to learn surroundings! :D

As for the income, its all about the area. In GA, 2 different cities, I would average about 450 a week, In Panama City most nights were over 100, so I averaged 600 a week.

I don't know about you, but that's more than I make currently as a percentage expedite driver. But I love my job, things will get better! :cool:

Pirate2X

Active Expediter
Numbers are fairly current, latest was 2 years ago in GA. I averaged 350 to 400. Panama City was 4 years ago, that was Pizza Hut, one of the not so popular pizzas for delivery. I was full time though, always have been. Even at Dominos I was a full timer a handful of years back. It is a good "cash now" job, and fairly easy to get hired.