Politicians

csands007

Seasoned Expediter
Seem to me that GW thru 6 years party had control of all three branched. If the drill for oil is so important why didn't they get it done then? I belive they should drill. Seems both party are for the same, their pocket book. They all are in the hip pockets of the lobbists. Too bad we can't get someone that cares for us. They say our ecomony is great on the conservative talk shows, might be if you make a $1M a year. If this keep up a lot more trucking companies will bite the dust and more people will losr their homes.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I think it has more to do with the lack of refining capacity and the lack of common sense on behalf of the speculators. Everytime some Prince in Saudi or somewhere in the MidEast gets a tummy ache fuel prices skyrocket. It's bs, but what can we do?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I think it has more to do with the lack of refining capacity and the lack of common sense on behalf of the speculators. Everytime some Prince in Saudi or somewhere in the MidEast gets a tummy ache fuel prices skyrocket. It's bs, but what can we do?

Don't forget that we compete with Europe for Diesel.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
There is no shortage of oil. There is no shortage of oil. There is no shortage of oil. Speculators on Wall Street understand human psychology all too well. They play on the instincts of fear and greed. They bid up the oil futures contracts by creating a climate of fear. They talk incessantly about dozens of scary scenarios that might, maybe, possibly someday come to pass. A very remote possibility promulgated by men in well tailored suits who probably know nothing about honest work. It is in their financial interest to keep the fear going and growing. The amount of harm they do to our economy is incalculable. They are parasites feasting on the toil and labor of American families. These speculators realize oil is indispensable to industrialized nations and, therefore, have us by the short and curlys. I am stunned our federal government has done nothing to reign in these con artists. Does government control Wall Street or is it the other way around? Perhaps it's collusion. I find it ironic many Cabinet posts are filled by former Wall Street executives. Where does their loyalty begin and end? Why do they turn a blind eye to these shenanigans? My fellow expediters, I now believe in climate change... let us change from a climate of fear to a climate of accountability.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
West Virginia has a large Billboard with the picture of the Exxon Tiger on it with scratch marks from one side to other of a Map of WV that states:

Rockerfeller VOTES against Drilling for Oil How do ya like those Gas Prices:

I love it.... How did ole Rock make all his $???????

nobb4u

Expert Expediter
It is true what you say about government and politicians feeding on our fears. Anytime there is some change they want to implement you will notice "If we let this happen the children and old people will suffer". No matter what the concern is, be it tax cuts, shortages or electing the wrong guy... (Like that can happen, never seen the right one yet). Because we must always protect the children and the old people.

Also why do people spend millions of their own money to get a job that pays thousands? I think that is how dispatching works too.
:)