Please reply! OK... So if you could go back again...?

Lifesbeachy

New Recruit
Researching
Ok, so this is kind of just out of curiosity and fun..

If you could go back to your mid to late 20's, what would you have done differently?

Would you have still gone into expediting? If so, what are the things you wish you knew back then that you know now?

If not, what would you have done differently?

And just as an overall question, if you could go back to your mid to late 20's, what do you wish you had known that you know now.

Very interested in your responses!

Thanks guys!

Reactions: Mailer

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My mid to late 20's .... less Alcohol ..... over 30 years ago ... Geez maybe put more money away .... and to be honest besides Family ... being an Expediter is my 2nd favorite pastime ...

Sent from my SM-G900M using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I would have warned John Lennon.
I also would have taken every penny I had and laid down a bet on the 1980 USA Olympic hockey team to win the Gold, and then taken those winnings and divided it up between Apple, Microsoft and Intel.

Hummer53

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I would have invested in real estate at that time. I had a chance but not much money at that time. Oh well. I'm still ok after living a frugal life and I'm 63 yrs young. The Love of my life passed away after 32 years of marriage in 2010. I really miss him

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would have stayed the f*** out of debt!

In addition, I'd have kept better care of my body. Diabetes sucks.

It's hard to know the effects of changing other parts of my life, so no comment on those.

Same girl, tho

rollincoal

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would have dove in head first and bought a brand new tractor way back then. What really happened was many years of saving and questioning whether I should get one before I finally did.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would have to go back apx 2,050 years ago before Christianity was invented. We would be majorly advanced with technology, cancer extinct, flying cars, teleportation, and prove Schrodinger's Cat theory is real.

Speaking of Schrodinger's Cat theory and knowing my luck I would tear a gigantic hole in the time space continuum, resulting in a catastrophically altered universe, and in turn all the multiverses forever. Who knows what would happen? Humans under control of giant squid, Terminators, pet dinosaurs, Hitler being an open out of the closet cross dresser.

I will refer you to Doc Brown.

I will recycle Ragman's comment as it applies to me as well.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
When I adopted my now three year old granddaughter 17 months ago, I realized had I not made the major decisions I did in the past, I would not be her Dada today. Therefore I would not change a thing.

Sent from my XT1254 using EO Forums mobile app

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
I would have taken that job on the Alaska pipeline when we got laid off friend did he retired 15 years ago

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Lol...I'm thinking outside of the box.

I wouldn't change yesterday because I have the opportunity to change today.

Yep, we created our own reality. Gotta be a higher reason that we chose certain path and events.

If I didn't make the "mistakes", I wouldn't be learning anything or have the opportunities to make the corrections.

Today I'm enjoying correcting the "mistakes." It seems the more corrections I made, the more the quality of life improved. Whoa!

Let's see, today I'm working on the mistakes #987,654. Lol.....

wimpy007

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
US Army
Lets see, I would have finished Law School, then gone into Politics, get Elected to Congress and become rich.

Reactions: davekc

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I would not of let "the one" get away back in '71. But I am lucky I found "the next one" in '72, who is "still the one".

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

Reactions: xmudman

Lifesbeachy

New Recruit
Researching
Interesting replies everyone. I do appreciate everyone jumping on here with their thoughts.

For myself, I am not sure what I would have done differently, but it has been on my mind a lot as far as my future goes.

I almost passed away 5 or 6 times this year and have spent from February until June in the hospital and keep trying to think about the whole living with no regrets type mindset. The difficult part seems to be balancing taking the risk on a passion that has no guarantee or taking the safe bet but probably not being satisfied even if you were successful at the safe endeavor.

Everyone always lives like tomorrow is guaranteed, yet it is not. Sort of makes you think about your day to day life. How much of your day is spent doing things that REALLY matter and that REALLY fulfill you?

Sorry to get philosophical, but I was 28 earlier this year laying in the hospital bed learning that I had been clinically dead, only to have to same thing happen several more times. Really teaches you about your priorities, then you start dreaming of all of the new ways you plan on living, then "real" life kicks in, which in our society it seems to be against the grain to be anything but a consumer and strive to keep up with the Jones'. Even psychology tells us that we are actually happier if we just know that we are doing a little better financially than the guy next to us. Crazy isn't it? In reality you feel better the more you do for others but yet society has taught us to be greedy and strive for the most we can accumulate in our own lives. This should be counter-intuitive because intellectually we know that we can't take any THING to the grave with us, but I guess that is the way the economy really works.

Has anyone figured out the perfect balance of enjoying life in a balanced way (no regrets) while still surviving economically?

Sorry, it is "deep thought" hour for me and it has been one hell of a year, so I am just finding some places to ramble and get feedback.