Plant Based Diets

JerzyVan79

New Recruit
Driver
15 year vegetarian and I feel great! My trips to the Tstop bathrooms sound much less strenuous and horrifying as the sounds and smells emanating from the poor burger eating bastards in the stalls beside me!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: skyraider

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
When your system is full of grease and junk, your heart is trying to pump that heavy stuff thru your body....when you eat veggies and plant base foods, its alot easier on your insides...congrats on your 15 year vegetarian,,,,

Reactions: JerzyVan79

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Back in the 50s, yep that was a million years ago,,,Americans ate about a lb of cheese a year,,now the average amount of cheese is 40 lbs a year,,not bad....every minute a person dies of a heart attack in the USA, guess really thats not very much ,,about 3,600 an hour, funeral homes are doing well and folks are being employed there, so thats good,,,lots of coffins, average funeral cost is about 9000 dollars, wow , that adds up.......I gonna have to get a calculator, to figure all this out....now back to greasy hamburgers and blockages,,,keep making your insurance payments ...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Forks Over Knives is, chiefly, religious dogma. Just something to keep in mind.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
All diet styles work. Forks, Paleo, Atkins, South Beach, Mediterranean,Grapefruit, Volumetrics, they all work. Some come with outrageous claims based on junk science, or simply blind faith. Trying to turn a species of omnivores into strictly herbivores, and then justifying it with with outrageous claims backed with no evidence, makes exactly as much sense as trying to turn your pet rabbit or guinea pig into a voracious carnivore - why would you do that?

Humans have been omnivores since prehistory. The most common human diet, and the one with the most science and generational observations to back it up, is a plant-based diet that also contains fish, poultry, and moderate amounts of red meat and dairy. Any diet that tells you to eat, say, meat exclusively, and no plants, or plants and no meat, are extreme deviations from the standard, and should be met with great skepticism, demanding extraordinary claims be supported with extraordinary evidence.

Oh, no, no! The best diet is a completely vegan diet – no animal products.

Actually, the best diet is the one that gives you the best variety of fats, proteins, and carbohydrates which enable you to perform your daily activities. Where you get those is up to you. Anything beyond that, which contains reasons beyond science, is either religion or justification.

Never eat anything with a face or a mother!

See? Religion. If you change "never" to "only" it sounds equally ridiculous.

I say eat what you want. Any diet that claims to cure a wide variety of degenerative diseases that aren't caused by food in the first place, is a diet to be viewed with great skepticism regarding its claims.