Pittsburgh

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
Anyone ever p/u or deliver to the US Steel tower in Pittsburgh? I'm in a Sprinter, high roof, extended. Anyone know of a place to park since parking garages will be out of the question. Probably needs to be close by since it's high value. It can be carried though. Looking to plan ahead for Monday. Any help would be appreciated.

By the way, I was told there should be parking around the building, but when I look at google maps, I'm not seeing this as an option.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anyone ever p/u or deliver to the US Steel tower in Pittsburgh? I'm in a Sprinter, high roof, extended. Anyone know of a place to park since parking garages will be out of the question. Probably needs to be close by since it's high value. It can be carried though. Looking to plan ahead for Monday. Any help would be appreciated.

By the way, I was told there should be parking around the building, but when I look at google maps, I'm not seeing this as an option.

They must have a loading and unloading zone somewhere around the building....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I don't think there is any parking like you're looking for near the Tower. Whenever I'm in Pittsburgh I usually stay out at the Walmart at Robinson Town Centre, twelve miles west of downtown, a couple of miles east of the airport out where US 22/US 30 cross SR 60. Basically, I-279 West, then just a few miles west of I-79. But it's not someplace you'd want to go into town from during morning rush hour, that's for sure, but it's not bad getting in from there at 6AM. I don't know of any downtown parking like you're looking for. Far as I can remember, all the parking around there will be paid-lot parking.

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
US Steel Tower is located on Grant St. They have a dock on 7th Ave. Small Deliveries are from 6 am to 5pm. Large deliveries must be scheduled 24 hrs ahead. Small hand deliveries are not allowed use of the dock. Building management phone is 412-553-8806 Security will answer during business hours. Got this info from the web but it was in .pdf http://www.600grantstreet.com/files/documents/1_Tenant Information Manual - January 2010.pdf
I'm from pittsburgh my brother in law is head of maintence there ang Gulf Tower too. Good luck! Hope your load is big enough to use dock. It also says there is a guard on ramp to dock that will want I.D. Best if you read it your self.

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
If you have change you might find a spot to park at a meter near by if you can hand carry the freight.