Photos

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Lately when I try to upload a photo I get an error that the file is too large.

Is there a new file size restriction?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yes, but it's supposed to be really really large and yet when I try to upload pictures which are clearly smaller then the parameters, both on MB size and Pixel dimensions, it gets rejected as being too large. A screen cap of my phone gets rejected for being too large, when I know it's not.

I tend to just resize them so they are 640 or 1024 wide by whatever and they'll go through.

Reactions: Grizzly

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yep, I tried resizing one this morning and it didn't go through.

I guess I'll play with it a bit ..

Thanks ..

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I just checked, because I couldn't remember the exact parameters for images, because I tried so many variations trying on vain to get all images to be accepted. The current parameters have been the same for nearly a year

Max Image Size: 10,000 KB (10 MB)
Max Pixel Dimensions: none set (unlimited)

Buuuttt that ain't what's happening

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I can upload the image of the error ... but I CAN'T UPLOAD PHOTOS.

Do the powers that be, want the content or not? Might be time to check out FB .... ?? :rolleyes:

Screenshot_2018-11-27-08-51-01.png

Reactions: ntimevan

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yes, we've been over this already. I've given you a simple workaround that will allow you to post pictures
Do the powers that be, want the content or not?
The powers that be didn't author the forum software, and they can't alter the software to behave differently in a way that suits you. You stated a problem, and I responded to acknowledge the problem and as to why it's a problem. I've been dicking around with this very issue for 2 years. Don't you think that if it could be fixed that I'd have fixed it by now?
Might be time to check out FB .... ??
The Internet gives you 3 options...

1 - Resize your pictures to make them postable.

2 - Contunue to whine in vain.

3 - Go to Facebook

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes, we've been over this already. I've given you a simple workaround that will allow you to post pictures
Do the powers that be, want the content or not?
The powers that be didn't author the forum software, and they can't alter the software to behave differently in a way that suits you. You stated a problem, and I responded to acknowledge the problem and as to why it's a problem. I've been dicking around with this very issue for 2 years. Don't you think that if it could be fixed that I'd have fixed it by now?
Might be time to check out FB .... ??
The Internet gives you 3 options...

1 - Resize your pictures to make them postable.

2 - Contunue to whine in vain.

3 - Go to Facebook

Option 3 ..... on my way ..