Phantom EO Sightings

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
I spotted OVM in the Peculiar MO flying J last week. He was sitting in the passenger seat and obviously dozing so I moved on without disturbing him. Peculiar seemed like a very appropriate place for him to hang out.
I also spotted Terry at the Pontoon Beach J but he was working so I left him alone as well. I don't believe I have ever run into two EO,rs in the same week before. Even if it was a drive by sighting.
If you folks see me on the road stop by for a chat and I'll buy the coffe. You can't miss me. I'm the old chubby guy in the white Sprinter.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I spotted OVM in the Peculiar MO flying J last week. He was sitting in the passenger seat and obviously dozing so I moved on without disturbing him. Peculiar seemed like a very appropriate place for him to hang out.
shoulda stopped by anyhow..wife was prolly in the back snoozin''

Peculiar? You trying to say something? *LOL*;)

When I see Turtle. I just bang on his shell....*L*

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
You were probably there for a while but I was hooked on a computer game and unaware of my surroundings. I would have stuck around until you showed signs of life but I had already told dispatch I was relocating. Next time I'll buy coffee and you can tell me why peculiar isn't a very appropriate spot for any expediter. I know dispatch told me that nothing was going on near there for us but I should stay there because it seemed like the right place for me.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
only time I go there is when I approach from the south coming outta Joplin....

Peculiar or Oak Grove should really not make much difference...about the same depending on where the customer is.....but we usually always end up in Oak Grove.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We nomally end up in Peculiar when in the KC area. We have had trouble with "Con Men" at the TA in Oak Grove and The Petro, at least in the past, does not give "team showers" like the "J" does. Layoutshooter

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
We nomally end up in Peculiar when in the KC area. We have had trouble with "Con Men" at the TA in Oak Grove and The Petro, at least in the past, does not give "team showers" like the "J" does. Layoutshooter

Not had a problem with the "con men" in Oak Grove...maybe they think vans have no money..like you rich straight drivers!*LOL*

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
The Petro in Oak Grove is a nicer stopover spot but Peculiar has such a nice ring to it. Those free showers at the J are hard to beat too. Us little guys can't earn free showers at the Petro.

MentalGiant

Seasoned Expediter
Peculiar is a good place to layover until the next load. Not sure about Cargo Vans and Sprinters, but in a Straight Truck we usually get a load not to far from there. We don't get free showers there at J since we don't fuel there because we don't use a fuel card they accept, but if we really need a shower, doesn't hurt our budget that much every now and then.

moose

Veteran Expediter
and The Petro, at least in the past, does not give "team showers" like the "J" does. Layoutshooter

The trick for a Team shower at the Petro is to fill up twice , using 2 rewards cards ,
or walk in first ,hand the cashier those 2 cards and ask her to charge them for 2 showers ,
it is EZ if you take the shower at the same place you fuel , just walk in first and ask for 2 showers on that fill up .

Moose.

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
There was a Phantom EO Sighting last week on S-wyck Blvd in Toledo at the old lightning strike building - some white Sprinter van with a "chubby old guy" behind the wheel. Someone told me that guy couldn't fish. Kinda resembled TJ959

HotFr8Recruiter

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
I can fish now because I have discovered dynamite. All you need for true fishing success is dynamite and a rake.
I was just passing by and wanted to check out your new diggs but I had to keep moving. I would have called and offered to buy lunch if I had more time.

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Tom (TJ959)

Dave brought it to my attention. Had I not been in meetings I would have walked down and offered to buy you lunch - seriously. We could have went and eaten fish sandwiches at Mickey D's since neither one of us can catch any fish. Put a rod and reel in the truck so next time near Toledo in the early evening (@ 8:00 pm) we can head 6 miles up to LP and cast some crank baits for walleye. Fish should become active soon - water was cloudy last Friday.

Next time please stop in if only to say hello.

Best regards,
John

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
We have 2 cards for Petro. One is scanned outside and when I
get the fuel ticket I get co-driver card scanned on inside.
Works for us. We get 2 showers with one fill up.

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
does J still allow linking cards?use one card both get credit.We did this when I was running team at Stevens 2 yrs ago.