Papa Johns' Lady Chinky Eyes

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
(click logo for original story)

NEW YORK - Papa John's Pizza is apologizing after an employee typed a racial slur on a receipt to a customer at one of its New York City locations. Customer Minhee Cho posted a message on Twitter along with an image of the receipt from a Manhattan location describing her as "lady chinky eyes."

Several hours later after the message had gone viral, the Louisville, Ky.-based company formally apologized on its Facebook and Twitter pages for Cho's experience.

The company says the employee was dismissed.
Spokeswoman Tish Muddon told the Louisville Courier-Journal the company was attempting to reach Cho to apologize.
Cho didn't immediately respond to messages sent by email and Twitter.

120109-biz-papajohns-857a.grid-6x2.jpg
So, rather than calling Papa Johns directly about an individual employee, she decided to go public, via Twitter, about the entire corporation, forever cementing herself as "lady chinky eyes". No one will remember Minhee Cho, but Lady Chunky Eyes will live forever in the annals of pizzadom. Another senseless Twitter tragedy.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
This woman should grow up and realize they're just words. If I got a receipt that said "Big Fat Guy" I would consider the source. It is either a loser or a high school kid trying to be funny, nothing to worry about either way.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
This woman should grow up and realize they're just words. If I got a receipt that said "Big Fat Guy" I would consider the source. It is either a loser or a high school kid trying to be funny, nothing to worry about either way.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

Or, just true. I mean, I'm a fat guy, so I wouldn't necessarily mind it if the counter guy put in "fat guy, red shirt." If that bothers me, I guess I should lose weight, huh? Now, sure, chinky eyes isn't quite the same, but to take offense? As Carlos Mencia always says, we need to lighten up. Everybody should be able to tell jokes about every other group. If we're laughing, we're not fighting.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

moose

Veteran Expediter
Sometimes when i go to the fast food, they ask for my name, and wright it on the counter receipt.
for me this is a golden opportunity to have fun, ...sorry.
it started with, well....Moose.
then Obama, Osama, Kermit the frog, Vomit,
BigMac sound great on the speakers (big mac your meal is ready),
Whooper (@ a Wendy's),

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
If they ask for my name I always say Rusty Shackleford...

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When we used to go to restaurants with a wait line I would always give our name as Letz. They would call out Lets party of four or whatever. It was always good for a chuckle.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
My name is "starving".
Starving, party of two, your table is ready.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
My name is "starving".
Starving, party of two, your table is ready.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

To put a little twist on it, you could use a name that goes with Party, like Donner. "Donner party of 6, your table's ready." Then you go up and say,"Actually there are only 5 of us now."

--

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
When I ran a warehouse, we had product come in regularly for this beautiful woman. Instead of delivering to her, which we would usually do, she'd come in to pick them up. Boy, I tell you, she was curvier than Lombard Street, or Lombardi, whichever it is. She wore these short skirts that hugged every inch of her. She'd had a couple kids, too, and still had a great figure. After seeing her, I started marking her boxes CURV, short for "curvalicious." I only started doing that after I met her, and I wondered if she ever wondered what it meant. She never asked, though.

--