pantherII is acquired

wolfen

Expert Expediter
Just saw that myself and would like to know more since we are scheduled for orientation on Monday.:eek:

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
i just got back from school (wed and thur) and they didnt mention it there...so it must be it wont change anything

JustUsTrucking

Expert Expediter
It was nice of Panther II to share this information with all of us Owner Operations prior to making it public news. I would have preferred they disclosed it to us first, letting us know business will remain as ususal (for now, anyway) prior to making it public knowledge. Not very funny to find this information out while surfing the web.}>

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I don't think I would be in any kind of panic.
There operations are to remain the same.
The advantages that will soon be noticable, will be increased opportunities and activity out west. That should equal into longer runs for everyone.
Additionally, they at some point will have better purchasing power for owners with discounts on maintenance, tires ect.
I should mention also, that with a sinking auto and manufacturing industry, diversity is paramount to keeping everyone rolling.

As far as any announcements, EO was the perfect platform. Sending a letter to your home or a message over the QC would have swamped them with hundreds of calls.
They have their own website, but not all drivers use it. A much higher percentage come here for information.
I think it is a welcome addition that drivers should benefit from.
The only concern I would have had is joining forces with a carrier that was riddled with debt. That is not the case here, as this is a non-asset based company.
Davekc
owner
20 years

dukesadog

Expert Expediter
Toyota Motors has been under extreme pressure to raise their prices so that the US manufacturers can compete, Toyota finally agreed so maybe you will see an increase in Business. Price increases will take place in November 2005

Dukesadog