Panther Transflow sheet scan

Saturnista

Seasoned Expediter
I've gone and screwed my pooch. I have a transflow I need to send, decided I would stop at the truck stop while on my way out of town for the holiday vacation, only I forgot to grab a transflow cover sheet for my paperwork.

Now I'm over a hundred miles from the truck and my employee manual, and I don't have a transflow sheet. What am I to do?

Anyone have a transflow sheet scanned that they can email me so I can print it out?

I asked Panther on 7/1 if they could possibly email it to me, and they promised me they would, but I never got it. Now I can't get anyone on the phone yesterday or today. The hold message both days now has said i'm position 1, with an average wait of around 2 minutes. Unfortunately yesterday I was on hold for 45 minutes, and today i've been on hold for 30 minutes, as position 1 with a two minute average wait.

Any driver out there that can help me out????

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Go to a truck stop that does Transflo scanning (or a TA and do it yourself). Tell them to scan the paperwork, and then select PTWT for the carrier when it asks for one. No cover sheet needed. It's real easy, man. If the person doing the scanning tells you that you need a cover sheet, tell them otherwise. After scanning, it'll ask for the Carrier Code. :)

If you wimp out and still really want a cover sheet, here 'tis:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zyd14iznzmy/Pro Paperwork Cover Sheet E-Form.pdf
This one is a fillable e-form that you can fill out in Acrobat and then print. Good to have on hand, anyway.

Saturnista

Seasoned Expediter
OMG!!! That was perfect!!! I've always wondered if there was a pdf version somewhere!!! Very nice to have!

Thank you so much turtle!!!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yer welcome.

Here's a zip file that also contains the Pro cover sheet, but also contains the Quarterly Maintenance, PARS and ViaSafe sheets. All are e-forms, fillable and printable.

Assuming you have a printer in the truck, take these and save a copy that has all the recurring information, like truck #, name, etc., and then use that each time you need to print one out. I keep a few blanks in the briefcase in case the printer dies or something, but generally I fill these out in the computer and then print them out. Or in the case of the QTR Maintenance, I fill it out as I perform the maintenance throughout the quarter, and then just e-mail the thing at the end of the quarter to Ann at Panther.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tz1mnzzznon/PantherForms.zip

I don't know why they don't create these things as fillable e-forms in the first place since it's so easy to do. But, these are the ones I use (except that I do Transflo scanning right from the truck and never use a cover sheet anymore). When filled out on the computer and then printed out, it just makes it easier to read on the other end. And when all the recurring stuff is already saved, it reduces errors.

Saturnista

Seasoned Expediter
How do you do transflow straight from the truck?!?

My co-driver told me it had to be transflowed. I told him once when i first started that I thought it could be faxed to a number somewhere, and didn't have to be transflowed, but he says it must be transflowed. We've driven 100 miles at times just to transflow something.

Can you just fax it? or scan it to a computer and email it? If so, what's the scoop on how do you do that?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
How do you do transflow straight from the truck?!?
You need a scanner that is connected to your computer, the "Transflo NOW!" scanning software (it's the same software the truck stops have), and Internet access.

My co-driver told me it had to be transflowed.
Well, Transflo or Trip Pack scanned, either one will work. I so rarely scan at a truck stop anymore that I've forgotten which ones have which, but I think the TA's all have Trip Pack and most of the others do Transflo. At most TA's and most Petro's, the scanner is sitting out where you do the scanning yourself. At the Pilots, Loves and most others you just hand the clerk the paperwork and they do it.

Flying J had Trip Pack, but it's not the type that we use, so you can't scan at the J's, except for the handful of independent "associates" where they not only do the scanning, but also take Comdata cards. The one in Williams, IA is like that.

I told him once when i first started that I thought it could be faxed to a number somewhere, and didn't have to be transflowed, but he says it must be transflowed. We've driven 100 miles at times just to transflow something.
When they started doing this at Panther, you could fax or e-mail the paperwork directly to Panther (settlements@), but that's no longer really an option far as I know. I seem to recall them saying that all scanning must be done at the truck stops on in-cab now. If you do by e-mailing it to them, they still have to print it out and then manually scan it into the Transflo or Trip Pack system, when they get around to it, and when that happens you are putting your paperwork (and thus your pay) in the hands of Panther office personnel with better things to do. Don't do it. :eek:

(Hey, I jut found the PRO Cover Scanning Sheet on the Driver Web, buried deep in the old messages from 05/16/07, but it's just a plain scan, not the e-fillable form that you now have. They should move that thing to the Forms sections of the References page instead of leaving it buried amongst old messages.)

Can you just fax it? or scan it to a computer and email it? If so, what's the scoop on how do you do that?
On the Driver Web, Reference section, under the Document subsection, at the top there is a Misc, where you will find the "In-Cab Transflo Scanning Documents" from 7/28/08. In that message is a link to the PDF file for the installation and operating instruction for the Scanflo software.

Download the software (3.83MB) from here:
https://transflonow.pegasustranstech.com/install/transflonowsetup.exe

Works only with Windows 2000 and XP with the latest Service Packs, and with Vista.

Install it, go through the setup. It's pretty straightforward, but the instructions from the Reference will walk you through it.

When you first install it you need to "register" it by filling in the Fleet ID (which is PTWT) and your e-mail address so it can send you notifications of when the scanned "batch" has been processed into the system.

When you "Select Scanner" it's best to use the WIA option rather than the TWAIN option if you are given a choice. If you have a document that's very light and won't scan properly, you can go to the "Select Scanner" option and check the box to use the scanners own interface so that you can change the light/dark of the scanning process. That comes in handy when scanning a pink copy that always comes out way too dark and smudged, as well as for the 4th copies of way too light dot matrix printed BOL's and stuff.

I have a cheap but pretty decent all-in-one printer/scanner/copier in the truck (HP Photosmart C5180). It's excellent for scanning the paperwork, and for printing out the things I need as I need them rather than messing with a snotload of coversheet, PARS, ViaSafe, whatever. It's also good for scanning in receipts.

I've had it happen twice now where I've been loaded with questionable freight, possibly damaged, and I've taken a picture of it, transferred the memory card from the camera to the computer and printed the photo out right there for the shipper and/or cons to have a copy.

There have been several times when I'm at a delivery and an extra copy of something is needed, and either the walk for them is too far to the office, or the office is closed and there's no copier avalable, so I hop in the truck, place it on the scanning bed, do a one-button copy and within seconds a copy gets printed out.

bdmj989900

Seasoned Expediter
If you do by e-mailing it to them, they still have to print it out and then manually scan it into the Transflo or Trip Pack system, when they get around to it, and when that happens you are putting your paperwork (and thus your pay) in the hands of Panther office personnel with better things to do. Don't do it. :eek:.

I did not know that. Have been sending all paperwork by email for 8 mts now. Never had any problems yet. I downloaded the software and will start using it. Thanks for the link turtle. Oh yeh thanks for the zip file too. Very helpfull with doing matinance reports.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I was initially scanning and e-mailing my stuff, too, until I found out they had to actually print it out and then scan it into the system. Seems like a lot of extra work when I can scan it directly into the system myself doing exactly the same thing as I was doing before, merely by using the Transflo software. Having them print it out and then manually scanning it into the system just seems like an introduced unnecessary step when it would be a lot easier on the folks in the office for us to scan it out here at the truck stop, or right in the truck for those who have scanners.

Another benefit to scanning from the truck is that Transflo will send you an e-mail that contains the status link which shows whether or not the scans have been transmitted to Panther, and if they have, you can view precisely what was sent, so that you will know exactly what went into Panther's system.

Just remember one PRO per scan. Scan the PRO bill, the BOL and other paperwork, send it, then scan the next set of paperwork in another scan. That way you'll always have a separate confirmation number for each PRO.

I'm glad you like the forms. The Maintenance Report is gnarly.

bludragon13

Seasoned Expediter
Turtle,
A big thank you for the transflow site. We down loaded it last tue.while in Norfolk and it was a life saver as I have never been able to find a scanner closer than the Pilot north on I-64. Wish Panther would make this easier to find for all of its drivers.
Also as a personal note about 8wks ago took a load from Dallas to Neosho, Ar. , went US-60 about 15-20 miles from the Arkansas border still in Oklahoma ,04:30, came upon a truck stop in a small town all lit up, " Turtle Truck Stop". If it had been daylight I'd have taken a pic and sent it to you,made me smile though, have you ever been to that truckstop?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yer welcome. :)

Never been to the Turtle Truck Stop. I did get a kick out of driving through Turtle, Wisconsin, though. It's right there where everyone's been, but no one knows about it. It's right next to Beloit, WI, the Town of Turtle, Wisconsin. They have a Turtle Fire Department and everything.

The Turtle Fire Department is almost as funny as a Turtle Expediter who drives a Sprinter. :D

1194984855565_turtlesmall.jpg