Panther Refers

ericmoss37

Seasoned Expediter
I was told by one of my drivers that Panther reduced rates for refer units if the load is not a refer load. The new rate is $1.25 for non refridgerated loads. Most likely because customers can demand lower prices in this market. At least we have seen our loads go up in the last few days. I think a move had to be made to increase Panther loads. I told the team is it any good to sit in a truck stop with a $1.55 rate if you don't move?

hondaking38

Veteran Expediter
about half the loads coming out for cargo vans are reduced loads....70 cents a mile instead of .77 10% difference there....some are hauling it and some are passing it... its called a discounted load by panther...i was just wondering if they discounted there profit on the load..they sure havent discounted the price of insurance or the qc..

bernieh48

Veteran Expediter
We haven't heard anything about Panther lowering the non reefer rated loads? Theyh are still under a lease agreement for a base rate of $1.65 for reefer trucks. They can offer you discounted rate loads but they don't count against you if you refuse them.

ericmoss37

Seasoned Expediter
The disbatcher was wrong to tell them that the rate changed. The rates are still the same, but most of the freight is reduced right now.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I don't believe anything has changed other than they can send you a load below your contracted rate. You can accept or decline without any penalty. It has been that way for quite some time.