Panther inconsistancies

rdtrpn

Seasoned Expediter
Is there anyone that works on Sunday in dispatch that answers a phone??? anytime i call I get a recording saying "we are sorry but we cannot handle your call at this time" and yes, I know i can leave a message for a call back. That is not the point. Also I can never get to safety with the prompts. Its there with the first group and second group, but then it dead ends and is not there in the third group of prompts. I instead go into another department in hopes that someone will transfer me and it still takes 1 or 2 more transfers to get safety. ??? So i get a call from panther on sunday addressing me with a nickname that I dont go by, how rude, stating that i "need" to call them. So I do and guess what happened. So how do I get anyone on Sunday, how do I get safety? Aren't scale fees reimbursed? Thats what i was told on the phone. Only to find out on payday that i was charged back the scale fee and the comdata fee that panther was charged to issue me a comchek authorization. Plus getting knocked back in position when i'm not supposed to, rude dispatchers and others. The fuel prices are bad enough to deal with all this and more that i dont feel like explaining. I've been with two companies since i've started a couple years ago and its all the same bull****. Truck driving is not a good job for anyone as a career, unless you just want to stay away from people. the only reason i will remain is i dont pay rent & associated expenses to save up for school and get a real job. Thats all this industry is good, to work a year or two and save money to do something else. I'll give it that. unless you have a scholarship or a well off family to pay for your college.

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
Sorrt, for the Sunady problems but I like much better the weekend dispatch than the week one , tray and ask for John B or Collin thay are very nice people , thay are very professional and tray to help.........I know about the phone some times even during the week days you can stay over 15 min in line to get right person - you get transfer from one to other one and your min for a cell go to and you pay a huge cell bills. But this two weekend people are goodspecially this guy John B he is a sweet bread and the girl Collin she is to ............ Good LuCK

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
For what 5 start? I am like the 5 start hotel like every one some where in the bech resort ? Godd luck and if you have a problem with the weekend shift call me I will help you- I take the phone 24/7 and tallk with a russina accent but I am very good dispatch . hAVE A RECOMANDATIONS AND GOOD RESUME.:p

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
I give a 5 to now you are 4 start but we are in the same boat?????????Invating you to be a my friend because we deling with the same problems and we have to help each other like a true friend. Thank's for the 5 start ...............:):):)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
When you are not on a PRO you phone calls are automatically routed to Driver Relations, instead of Dispatch. On the weekends, especially overnight, there is no one in Driver Relations. There usually is someone in Driver relations in the 9-5 range, tho.

alborada

Seasoned Expediter
This is right but I have problem during the week days stay somed time 15 min and no one take the calls...........and in weekends we know that thay don't have a so many people working to.....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Well, when you're not on a PRO you don't matter. The split second you POD out they want nothing to do with you. Then, soon as you accept the next load, they want to smother you. It's the Panther Way.

TurkeyHawk

Seasoned Expediter
Thank you's , this is interesting viable information from the seat of your pants, genuine feedback like this is valuable.

Good Luck with that cat

Hey, do you get the CAT SCRATCH FEVER every weekend?

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Just remember a cat only has 9 lives and also: Curiosity killed the cat....lol.....a "load" of fun here!!