Panther II/Express One/INPUT PLEASE

ds1450

Expert Expediter
Hi All....

I am the new owner of an older Van going on with Panther whom I have worked with before and did pretty well. BUT, I am hearing pretty good things about Express One. Are they as busy or busier than Panther? I run hard when I am out and I am really chomping at the bit to get out again but I need to make the most of this as a new owner so any good, relevant input would be great. Special HI to TERRY and CO who run for Fed Ex and post here on a regular basis. You probably don't remeber me but we met in MD as we sat for a day or 2 and you gave some pretty good info on Fed Ex. Too bad they are sooo restictive for single drivers in vans and straight trucks.

Thanks and run hard (but safe)

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
My opinion is that Express-1 is the best. Honest people,plenty of freight. I drive a van with them and I have been happy since day one.
Yes there are the normal ups and downs, but I feel they are as good as it is going to get. The problem you may have is the age of your van. They officially only want vans 2 years old or newer. They really prefer sprinters over cargo vans but If I were you I would call and at least ask if they would consider your van.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Letzrock... glad you posted before I did. When I started with them, right after Segmentz took over, the word I got from the van drivers is that it was dead. Every van driver I talked to told me they were saturated. Glad to hear they're moving again.

"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know." - Kansas

kangar0085

Seasoned Expediter
I think there is no difference between the two carriers when it comes to vans. I've been on with panther since june of last year very happy ever since except for the ups and downs which cannot be avoided with any carrier. January is slow but I doubt any other van fleet is running better then Panther's van fleet during this month.