Owner of the Year ?

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
Hey, everyone is missing the point. #2 although shafted by not being given 10 days to find a partner,did the right thing. The girl that got sick is whats got me in an uproar. How can you keep her money when she bails unexpectedly ?Should she have told the cardiologist she be pack in TEN days? It may have been in a body bag. This boils down to what I find is the core problem with fleet owners. This man should have enough reserve to let #2 ru n solo ten days in the event that a driver gets ill. The mindset of most owners I know is I will fund a lifestyle and put whats left,if any,into the business. It should be the other way around. The money should take care of the business and whats left should fund his lifestyle. Knowing that this girl will never drive again,and that she was the only source of income,he should have done ALL he could to get her money to her. Actually,he could have been alittle charitable and thrown alittle extra her way.Sorry, I think he's a heartless mother ******.

There are probably millions of people in hospitals right now, sick and dying. Why is it this one owner's responsibility that she is sick? Its not his responsibility. If she didn't meet the obligations, then she loses the money, its a business.

If you don't deliver the load and have to get someone else to do it, should you still get paid because your cat got sick? The reason behind you not living up to the contract is irrelevant.

Can I ask you, are you giving her every spare dime you have? If not, then your equally as heartless as he is by your standards.

FREE TO FAIL

Seasoned Expediter
Well all i can say is what goes around comes around.... I hope the owner gets whats coming to him, I think your wasting money buying a Tval unit anyway. Look at the free classifieds lots of people trying to unload those high dollar units.

Running your balls off to make the truck payment doesnt seem like the way to go to me. And how bout those tval vans 85k on up for a van with reallly good air conditioning. :D

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Well all i can say is what goes around comes around.... I hope the owner gets whats coming to him, I think your wasting money buying a Tval unit anyway. Look at the free classifieds lots of people trying to unload those high dollar units.

Running your balls off to make the truck payment doesnt seem like the way to go to me. And how bout those tval vans 85k on up for a van with reallly good air conditioning. :D

Have to be careful posting those kind of comments. You will get the dabluz-bunny wanting to shoot you.:D