Outstanding day!!!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What an amazing, fun, outstanding day this was!

I took my brother and his two daughters, ages 5 and 9, out onto Lake Erie, right where the Straights of Detroit meets the Lake.

The silver (white) bass are running hard. It was two fish PER MINUTE, solid, for 3 hours. The girls got tired, sore arms, from fighting fish! We would have had DOUBLE the number of fish if it was just my brother and I, little girls need a LOT of help!

My brother took home 15 to clean and we released the rest. THAT is LIVING!! :D

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Why are there so many fish ?
More fertile waters? Less fishermen ?
Or have you become so skilled that the fish don't have a chance ?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Why are there so many fish ?
More fertile waters? Less fishermen ?
Or have you become so skilled that the fish don't have a chance ?

There have always been those numbers. Hundreds of millions of them. You can smell them when they are spawning. Kinda smells faintly of watermelon.

As to my skills, they are, of course, a forgone conclusion. :p

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As to my skills, they are, of course, a forgone conclusion. :p

483483_354613414638410_345573733_n.jpg

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Don't you Bait a few in the Soapbox occasionally ?

Nope, never used bait for largemouth. Quit fishing for them when I moved back to Michigan. No use fishing for inferior fish when there are walleye abound!

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
You talking about the carp that are invading the Great Lakes? Some call them giant minnows.

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Used to pull carp out of Indian Lake in Ohio when I was a kid...everyone called the big ugly thing trash fish, very fatty they said. But Asian Carp are supposed to be better eating, it's said.

I'll stick to blue gills and bass and pickerel and walleye etc for fresh water, and mackerel and even pollock for salt water fishing from the dock.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Used to pull carp out of Indian Lake in Ohio when I was a kid...everyone called the big ugly thing trash fish, very fatty they said. But Asian Carp are supposed to be better eating, it's said.

I'll stick to blue gills and bass and pickerel and walleye etc for fresh water, and mackerel and even pollock for salt water fishing from the dock.

I was not fishing for it, it just took a night crawler. We used to shoot them, with arrows, hand guns, shot guns, whatever, those were the good ole days.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was not fishing for it, it just took a night crawler. We used to shoot them, with arrows, hand guns, shot guns, whatever, those were the good ole days.

They make excellant raccoon bait ......cut off the heads and grindup the rest. ...then freeze the heads and grindimgs seperate and wait for Nov....works well for mink too.......

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums mobile app

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They make excellant raccoon bait ......cut off the heads and grindup the rest. ...then freeze the heads and grindimgs seperate and wait for Nov....works well for mink too.......

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums mobile app

Make good bear bait too. Just hang where the bear can't reach. No need to "process" them then! LOL!! Lots of mink around where we live. Too many if you ask some people.