Out of touch!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It sure seems like Obama may STILL be smoking that good 'ole "wacky tabbacy". No debt crisis? Are you kidding me? The "ponzi scheme", known as Social Security" is bankrupt. All the mismanagement by our government has caught up. We are spending other people's money like there is an endless supply of it.

Medicare is broke, Medicaid is broke. Both are overrun with fraud and graft. On top of all of that, we are now saddled with Obama Care. OH the joys of an over bearing government.

We continue to punish success and reward sloth with our tax code. The need to "invent" new government programs is like a disease with these people. Queen Michelle wants a "Get Moving" program. Why not just have recess again? That cost NOTHING and worked for hundreds of years. Can't happen, no government control over the kids then.

Unless we get rid of ALL of the duds in Washington, we are toast. There is little hope of anything of value taking place when the "head honcho" has NO CLUE about the mess we are in.

The ONLY things he is interested in is killing more people and enslaving us.

[h=1]President Obama: There Is No Debt Crisis[/h]
There has been no shortage of dire warnings about the mounting US national debt, but President Obama is now offering a different assessment: no big deal.

"We don't have an immediate crisis in terms of debt," President Obama said in an exclusive interview with George Stephanopoulos for "Good Morning America." "In fact, for the next 10 years, it's gonna be in a sustainable place."

It's an assessment that will throw cold water on the latest attempt to achieve a so-called grand bargain to reduce the deficit. After all, a grand bargain would require excruciatingly difficult decisions for both sides - for Republicans, it would mean raising taxes, and for Democrats, cutting future spending on cherished programs like Social Security and Medicare. If there is no crisis, why would either side do it?

So, what happens if this latest effort to reach a deficit agreement falls through? Once again, the president's answer was, essentially, no big deal.

"Ultimately, it may be that the differences are just too wide" to get a deal, President Obama said. "That won't create a crisis. It just means that we will have missed an opportunity."

The president's reasoning is that the series of 11th hour agreements he has struck with Republicans over the last two years - to prevent a government shutdown, raise the debt ceiling and avoid the fiscal cliff - have resulted in enough deficit reduction to get the debt under control.

"I think what's important to recognize is that we've already cut $2.5- $2.7 trillion out of the deficit," he told Stephanopoulos. "If the sequester stays in, you've got over $3.5 trillion of deficit reduction already."

By that accounting, we have already achieved nearly all the $4 trillion the Bowles-Simpson debt commission called for back in 2010 - mission (almost) accomplished.

But there are two problems with that accounting:

First, the Congressional Budget Office projects a deficit of $845 billion - that's lower than the $1 trillion-plus deficits we've seen over the past four years and, as a percentage of the total economy, half the annual deficit of 2009. But, CBO also warns that the deficit is projected to continue rising once again after 2015, adding a total of $7 trillion to the national debt over the next 10 years.

Second, Erskine Bowles and Alan Simpson are now saying we are nowhere near accomplishing the amount of deficit reduction needed to put the government on sustainable path.

"They haven't done any of the tough stuff, any of the important stuff," Bowles told me last month. "They haven't reformed the tax code…they haven't done anything to slow the rate of health care, to the rate of growth of the economy, they haven't made Social Security sustainably solvent. There's about $2.4 trillion more of hard work we've gotta do."

Allan Simpson went further, calling the failure to control entitlement spending "madness."

"Ten thousand [Americans] a day are turning 65," Simpson told me. "This is madness. And life expectancy is 78.1, and in five years will be 80. Who is kidding who? This will eat a hole through America."

Urgent or not, the president seemed downright pessimistic about bridging the difference between Democrats and Republicans on how to further reduce the deficit.

"I am prepared to do some tough stuff. Neither side's gonna get 100 percent. That's what the American people are lookin' for. That's what's gonna be good for jobs. That's what's gonna be good for growth," President Obama said. "But ultimately, it may be that the differences are just too wide. It may be that ideologically, if their position is, 'We can't do any revenue,' or, 'We can only do revenue if we gut Medicare or gut Social Security or gut Medicaid' - if that's the position, then we're probably not gonna be able to get a deal."

President Obama: There Is No Debt Crisis - Yahoo! News

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Put an absolute fool and moron in charge and this idiocy is what you get. There is definitely a debt CRISIS and more so a spending CRISIS. America has certainly been "fundamentally changed" and none of it fun.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Obama promised "Hope and Change". He got the "change" part right. Change is all we are going to have left out of our wages if things keep up the way there are and we can only "hope" that we get to keep that much.

Problem is, that the Congress stays the same. There will NEVER be any REAL change until ALL of those bums up there now are in jail where they belong and we start over.

jrcase

Seasoned Expediter
It i all going as he planned. You really didn't think obama was really a true patriot who wanted the best for this nation did you? If he had a checklist on how to destroy a country, he couldn't do it any more efficiently. All he needed was a second term to complete his destruction. It's too late folks, we are passed the tipping point now.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It i all going as he planned.

Yep, he is doing it all by himself.

charlie-brown-facepalm-oUfBmt.jpg

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
so, i suppose if we had a republican as president, majority republican house and senate then everything would be wonderful. at least joe did say ALL.

doesnt matter who is in government or the president. both sides always work for their own agendas and make it impossible to get anything accomplished. when was the last time anything was really done for the rite reason instead of being done to meet some agenda or as payback for a large sum of donation.

silly comedy with eddy murphy " the distinguished gentlemen " is probably the best real depiction of how government really works. constantly griping about it and pointing a finger toward only one person is not the solution. i am not an obama fanatic or supporter but the shape the country is in is not his fault alone and seems some of you keep pointing out that it is. the entire government system is to blame not just one person or one part.

jrcase

Seasoned Expediter
Heavens no. Did I say I was a republican? No. I lost all respect for the republicans as well BUT I believe obama is beyond just working the democratic agenda. He is actively trying to destroy this nation. We need real conservative patriots who believe and abide by the Constitution. We need short term servants who really love the USA and who are not trying to change it into a Communist utopia that they believe is a better way.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Heavens no. Did I say I was a republican? No. I lost all respect for the republicans as well BUT I believe obama is beyond just working the democratic agenda. He is actively trying to destroy this nation. We need real conservative patriots who believe and abide by the Constitution. We need short term servants who really love the USA and who are not trying to change it into a Communist utopia that they believe is a better way.

Guys, we got this all wrong, we the people run the government, not just 500 or so called in the house and senate. Voting is nice, but if there are cancers in the WH, there must be some way to remove it legally and start over. We are going the 2nd part of stupid, ( another 4 years )

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Guys, we got this all wrong, we the people run the government, not just 500 or so called in the house and senate. Voting is nice, but if there are cancers in the WH, there must be some way to remove it legally and start over. We are going the 2nd part of stupid, ( another 4 years )

We USED to run the government, not any longer. It would seem that many have given up their control for freebies. WE have allowed this to happen. Many have pushed for it. Many still are. It is likely too late to reverse it at the ballot box. Welcome to the "Dark Ages".