Our First week out

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Just got my steer tires put on today, and saved over 75.00 for the two tires, with Panthers tire program. An old friend of mine ownes the Goodyear tire store and he said that it was below his price. Also while home had the guy do a six wheel alignment, he said it was dang near on the money, so he charged me 125.00 for it.

If we keep running anywhere near this well I will be one pleased sob. I would love to set my budget at those miles. But I will set my budget in about six months. Until then we will run as smart and as hard as we can, and only spend money as needed.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I think you gave yourself very good advise. My personal opinion is to have three to six months of ALL expenses saved. This will protect you in case something unexpected happens. One of the biggest downfall of new folks is spending everything and saving little.
I am glad you are doing well. If you have any questions with Panther, let me know.
Davekc

raceman

Veteran Expediter
I am glad to hear this bit of Great news. I have heard so many negitive stories that a spirit lifter like this is great. Your good mood comes across in your update post and I am sure it will continue as your wheels roll. Great to hear and keep on trucking and continued success.

raceman

ATeam

Retired Expediter
>And then it happened.......all crap broke loose.
>
>10 mile DH 950 mile run to Long Island
>130 mile DH 750 mile run w/ hazmat to Canada
>70 mile DH 450 mile run to Peoria IL.
>10 mile DH 250 mile run to Missouri
>130 mile DH 1850 mile run to CA.
>85 mile DH 3050 mile run to Mass.
>100 mile DH 850 mile run to MI.

Yeeee! Haaaaaaa! Proud of you Dude and Dudette! Delightful story!

ATeam

Retired Expediter
>If we keep running anywhere near this well I will be one
>pleased sob. I would love to set my budget at those miles.
>But I will set my budget in about six months. Until then we
>will run as smart and as hard as we can, and only spend
>money as needed.

Excellent point. Keep in mind, you will NEED a gold-plated pallet jack and weekly maid service in the sleeper!:7