Our company

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Scott is like the old Qualcomm... did anyone tell him he doesn't have to pay per character???

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
To Ron or anyone. Please feel free to pm or email me if anyone has a concern that you feel is not being seen or addressed.

Ibetruckin welcome to the board (not sure your unit#)

To OVM, your math is pretty sound. We take a big whack when units sit. But I have always looked at this as we are in it together. I have a responsibility to do what ever we can. Yes the things we do are not what other expedite carriers do. It is that way by design, not by accident.

To everyone on this thread thank you for the kind words. Make no mistake we have to continue to improve everyday as a company. If we don't move forward, we will fall back. I conveyed my feelings with operations as well today, just as I did with the fleet on here.

I will say that they are often caught in the middle when things are slower. Management and myself are putting pressure on them on one side, while the fleet places pressure on the other side. Sitting often causes understandable tension with a driver. With that being said, I will not tolerate anyone on my staff not showing the driver the proper respect. But, I also expect the same from the fleet to operations. It is a two way street. I do not envy your job, but I do respect it more than most.

Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it's amazing what they can accomplish.