4-Wheeling Ouch. Wow! : 4-Wheeling

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
A pleasant surprise when stranded in Memphis.

There I was…Wednesday evening, turning off the interstate exit when I was hit by a heavy cloud of diesel fumes. It was as much a mist as it was fumes. I thought maybe the truck in front of me was leaking something or there was a chemical plant in the neighborhood. The van didn’t give me any indications it was having problems. I rolled around the corner into my destination which was a truck stop outside of Jackson, Tennessee. The fumes were choking strong. I got out of the van to see if the outside air was more clear than in the van. The front, driver side wheel was covered in fuel, and diesel steam was drifting out from the grill.

READ MORE...

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Better spraying diesel fuel than gasoline. With the demise of the carburetor, I have seen more and more burned spots along the shoulders of highways as a result of car fires. I attribute this phenomenon to electric fuel pumps and fuel injection.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Eric, next time you talk to Piper tell that hoser to start posting on here again. I miss him. He was a wealth of info, especially the mechanical kind.