Orlando

Missie600

Active Expediter
Delivered in Miami on Friday morning. Took a short load up to Orlando Friday afternoon. Still sitting in Orlando Tuesday night.

We did spend the weekend in a hotel since we knew there wouldn't be any freight during that time.

I hate being in an area that is not truck friendly. No showers. "No Parking" signs.

Why yes, I will take some cheese to go with my whine! :rolleyes:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

ph_thumbnail_371221_eOPT87607KA_gdTlZedvS8_ka.jpg

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I hate being in an area that is not truck friendly. No showers. "No Parking" signs.

Diane's and my parking and showers thinking has changed since we joined a fitness club. Go to the Anytime Fitness gym locator web page. If you type in Orlando, you will find a half-dozen facilities in the area. We'd go to one of those for a workout and shower (that is if we did not have a vacation house nearby).

Rest areas on I-4 a bit out of town offer hassle-free truck parking. Avoid the service plazas on the Turnpike. There is a time limit on that road.

MissKat

Expert Expediter
Fabulous hassle free parking at the Sanford mall up I4 from you. Good eats. Target, movies. Comfort inn and walk to cracker barrel. Kristen is mgr at hotel. Good prices and truck parking.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Delivered in Miami on Friday morning. Took a short load up to Orlando Friday afternoon. Still sitting in Orlando Tuesday night.

We did spend the weekend in a hotel since we knew there wouldn't be any freight during that time.

You "knew there would not be any freight", eh? I'll have one of them there crystal balls!!

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I don't go to Florida w/out figuring automatic dead head back to SC figured in the rate. I did get aircraft parts out of Florida to El Paso one time but that was once. :cool:

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Yes Florida is not good for freight usually and I do not sit more than a day in Florida unless I am going to check out some sites, last time I went and spent the day at the Kennedy Space Center. The weekend is good time to move to a better freight area usually out of Florida I move to South Carolina or up into Georgia

Missie600

Active Expediter
x06col....We called dispatch and asked them what our chances were for a load on the weekend. They told us it was highly unlikely. They are our Fortune Tellers!

Thanks everyone for the info. Next time we will look up those places and check into the Anytime Fitness!

This forum is great!!

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
i live in fl. okeechobee in fact when i go on the board im out within 24 hrs this summer i found that going to koa or other camp grounds is the cheapest way to go nice people pool clean showers, and some good times, nevery paid over 35 a nite hook to shore power just call ahead and tell them the length of trk allways works for us.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Did you figure extra dh pay into the El Paso ?

Actually I did load from El Paso to Amarillo. D/H from there to Dallas and p/up F-16 canapy glass for Columbia SC. I spent the w/end in El Paso. Was going to d/hd back to Dallas but an Agent called and gave me a heads up so I waited.
I think you meant out of El Paso. The load from Fla. to the El paid about 2500 for 1600 miles so back then it wasn't bad.

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
No,I meant did you get scared of being in El Paso. I ended up there two out of three weekends. The second time was by mistake as I hit accept accidently at 1:30 in the morning. I was shocked as I did well getting out of there both times.