Opinions on this truck?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
the long and short of it....

Wait a while and look around a little more, more deals will be coming down the pike.

With the fuel prices expected to his $4.75 to $5 (it is $4.42 here now), I would expect a few would want to dump their trucks faster than normal.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Keep in mind that FedEx Custom Critical likes its trucks to have white boxes (truck bodies). They will not put the full size FedEx Custom Critical lettering on a box that is not white.

Some owner-operators that lease to FedEx Custopm Critical prefer to not have the FedEx logo on their truck. Others prefer it. There is a slight difference in the pay you receive, depending on the logo choice you make. One more thing to research as you continue to explore the business.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Certainly looks the part, and has obviously been used for expediting before...does anybody recognize who's truck this is?

Some time ago, two or three years, I don't remember for sure, I met the owner of that Peterbilt and he gave me a tour. It is a nice floor plan and a solo driver would be very comfortable in it.

At the time, the truck was leased to All-State Express. The owner said he and his wife had been in the expedite business seven years and were getting out because expediting had not worked out as they would have liked it to.

The thing that would worry me about buying a truck that came from anyone selling a truck because they were forced to by adverse circumstances is the maintenance history of the truck.

When one-truck owner operators or fleet owners fall on hard times, or when hard times fall on them, it is seldom an instant process that injects well maintained trucks into the used truck market. The longer a truck owner struggles to survive, the less likely it will be that the truck(s) he or she eventually spins off will be well maintained.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The red KW was my truck. It's a W900B model not A. It came from the factory with the long rails, not a cut and paste job. It's an excellent truck and got about 8mpg for me overall, including generator usage. I suspect the Pete originally mentioned would be somewhere around an 8mpg truck, if it's geared properly.

P51bombay

Expert Expediter
The red KW was my truck. It's a W900B model not A. It came from the factory with the long rails, not a cut and paste job. It's an excellent truck and got about 8mpg for me overall, including generator usage. I suspect the Pete originally mentioned would be somewhere around an 8mpg truck, if it's geared properly.

Can I ask why you sold it? Just curious