OOIDA Forum

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
Any one a member of OOIDA ? Do you read the their forum? I believe you have to be an member of OOIDA to access the forum ? Is this right ? Would it be worth it to you paying the $ 45.00 membership fee just to read the forum? I am sure there are other good reasons to join OOIDA . But at this time research is my main concern. Thanks

jimmy

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
The OOIDA forum is only open to OOIDA members. If you use one of the members numbers you can join OOIDA for $25.00.

I have posted on the forums and they are what they are. I would not join OOIDA for the forums but there are a whole lot of other reasons to join OODIA.

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
Thank you TeamCaffee for the information. Regarding using an OOIDA membership number for the discount, would you not need the members permission/consent to use their number ?

I would agree whole heartedly about truck drivers needing representation in Washington D.C.

Thanks
jimmy

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You are welcome to use mine. That's why I keep it in my signature.

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Real quick, $25 gets you more than you might think... up to date rule and regulation changes... plus when Exactly (as in particular dates) new laws will take effect for certain states and even certain towns/counties. And Canada is covered as well. So it's more than just representation in Washington DC.

Plus, some don't know, but you also get discounts on rental cars, and... get ready... but you get 10% off, yes- ten percent!!, off on a good many hotel and motels. They (OOIDA) gives you a promotion code to use so you're able to see if the establishment has that code in their system so you can use the discount. Rumor has it they're working on getting that up to 20 percent off room rates.

You can also get discounts on equipment like tires and other truck equipment.
They offer health insurance programs as well, but I don't know the specifics on them. I've looked into them a little bit- but not too much.

You can also do what I do, keep up with OOIDA and their updates in the industry on FaceBook. For $25 you also get a subscription to LandLine magazine... that in itself is well worth the 25 bucks!!! Even if you don't get home often, when you get it- take them on the road with you- it's better than any truck stops magazine!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
OOIDA can sometimes be like the police when something goes wrong in trucking the first thing that happens is OOIDA is called to help out with a problem. They are there when we need them and from what I have seen they bend over backwards to help drivers.