Ontimes Article on Terryandrene

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Just received my copy. A great article about our HERO`S. I don`t recall Terry mentioning his Feb 29, accident in this forum. Could I have blocked out this period in time?

He extolled the experiences of Towing, Equipment removal, and the problems of getting back home. Fortunately a white knight came to his aid. Turns out it was the very driver (Don Williams) who took his freight on to the destination. Don took himself out of service, returned, and assisted in equioment removal and even drove Terry 387 miles to his home.

Hats off to Don, a true White Knight of the road

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We have not seen the article yet but what that Van driver did for Terry was above and beyond and he is a Hero! May all of us be that helpful to a fellow driver who has just had an accident in a strange town and is pretty much stranded with all of their "stuff". Don deserves a lot of recognition and I am sure he will say he was only doing what was right.

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
We have not seen the article yet but what that Van driver did for Terry was above and beyond and he is a Hero!

I agree that what Don Williams did for Terry was extraordinary and far beyond what most people would do. It does make him a White Knight of the road, it does not make him a hero.

Our troops, defending our country, both here and abroad are heroes. The firefighters and law enforcement personnel who lost their lives on 9/11 are heroes. The men and women in law enforcement and in the fire service, who are willing to lay down there lives every day for us are heroes, though they don't consider themselves as such.

Don is a very special person, and my hat goes off to him for what he did for Terry. I hope that I, if put in the situation Terry was in, would do what Don did.