only crap loads the last 2 weeks with panther

joebob1_30132

Expert Expediter
I heard panther was great..dont know though.. you hear the good and the bad from everyone... by the way where is the spell ckeck for this thing.

bryan

Veteran Expediter
HI

And to think some one once got on here and said there is no 90 day honeymoon.You see they just keep on hiring even when they know its slow and then feed these new guys.The proof is in this topic if you can read between the lines.Nothing against the new guys, but this practice needs to stop.If someone knows of a company that doesn't do this would you please post their names so that those of us who plan on making this a life time career could have a place to go.Thanks.

ftp000

Expert Expediter
The only thing I read between these lines is paranoia, we weren't fed our miles with a spoon like some kind of honeymoon deal, we just kept moving on our own to places we knew we were more likely to get freight. We knew where to move because we aren't new to expediting, we're just new to the van and the company we now drive for. I'd also like to say that we drove for panther before the company we're with now, and the first 3 weeks with panther were the worst weeks I've ever had in expediting, after we learned panther's hot zones we realised that newbies at panther are more likely to get the sh#$ loads that nobody else will take due to that bonus they give newbies for having 100% acceptance than to get a honeymoon, we ended our second week with a load to OK city thinking our luck was turning (we'd been with tri state before panther, they always got us out of ok city) only to find out there were 6 trucks ahead of us, 2 of which had first outs and after a couple of calls learned that panther gets 1 load a day out of there. All this was on a fri, we moved to witchita because the computer said they got 3 a day from there and had 0 trucks at the time, the next wed we called Rick in driver relations and threw a hissy till he moved us to columbia missouri, I guess you could call that a honeymoon, at least one part of one. We'll just call it honeymooned without getting kissed.

sixwheeler

Expert Expediter
>We will be at 3700 paid miles by the time we deliver in OK
>tomorrow night. thats a complete 7 day week, our first week
>in a van. We have moved ourself a few times and probably
>have about 800 miles of deadhead (on top of the 3700). But
>with the great mpg on the sprinter there's no reason to sit
>on a bad board, 800 miles = about 40 gallons of fuel, a
>small price to pay to keep moving.
>
>since monday..... charlotte to ontario, detroit to
>pensacola, pensacola to miami, we dead headed home to SC