One of the happiest days of my life

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
January 7[SUP]th[/SUP] was one of the happiest days of my life.
On January 13[SUP]th[/SUP], 2014 my wife, Shayne, flew home to Florida from Newark, NJ to take emergency custody of our six week old granddaughter.
This began the most stressful year of our lives.
Yesterday we were finally able to hear the judge make the decision we had been waiting to hear.
He accepted voluntary termination of parental rights from both parents and directed that the case now be moved to the adoption phase with Shayne and I as the adoptive parents.
In Florida adoption by a close relative is a fairly simple and quick process. This will be even simpler as we have had her for a year and we have the support of all of the child welfare workers involved.
The reasons that led up to this point are no longer important. The baby, ( we are making our final decision on what her name will be) is safe, healthy, happy and thriving. She is very beautiful and incredibly smart for her age.
Now begins the adoption process. Hopefully it will go smoothly and quickly.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sorry for what must have been a horrible time for both of you. But glad that she has found the loving and caring sanctuary that she deserves :)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Great, fantastic for you two and the little girl...a whole new chapter on life....enjoy.....Ken aka OVM :)

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Thanks everyone. We are very happy and relieved right now.
Once the adoption is complete I will post a thread entitled the Happiest Day of My Life.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Congratulations to you and your wife. Living in the Children's Home from the age of ten till I was eighteen I can understand why you wanted to adopt your grand daughter. Best of luck on picking a name.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
January 7[SUP]th[/SUP] was one of the happiest days of my life.
On January 13[SUP]th[/SUP], 2014 my wife, Shayne, flew home to Florida from Newark, NJ to take emergency custody of our six week old granddaughter.
This began the most stressful year of our lives.
Yesterday we were finally able to hear the judge make the decision we had been waiting to hear.
He accepted voluntary termination of parental rights from both parents and directed that the case now be moved to the adoption phase with Shayne and I as the adoptive parents.
In Florida adoption by a close relative is a fairly simple and quick process. This will be even simpler as we have had her for a year and we have the support of all of the child welfare workers involved.
The reasons that led up to this point are no longer important. The baby, ( we are making our final decision on what her name will be) is safe, healthy, happy and thriving. She is very beautiful and incredibly smart for her age.
Now begins the adoption process. Hopefully it will go smoothly and quickly.

Nothing better than a grand/kid.. My Grandma was the coolest person I ever knew and she felt the same way about me.