One more Question

Irishwolf

Seasoned Expediter
Ive seen the adds and people for the legal service at truckstops does anyone know who they are and if its worth it?

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
The good deal is for them. With the price of fuel it would be a lot more cost effective to drive below the speed limit and just put the fuel savings in your pocket then you do not need to worry about a speeding ticket.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
waist of money,unless your habitual speeder,and then their lawers cant help you ant way
in stead of paying their monthly dues,put that away in a savings account,if you should get a ticket that your sure you dont deserve,then you can get a lawyer in that city,for far less than the money you have put away.I was involved in an accident in memphis tn,after i received a ticket for the accident,I went on line and found a lawyer in t hat city dealing with traffic offenses,bottom line,cost was $250.00 took care of lawyer fees,court costs,and case was thrown out of court. wreck was sort of my fault,but guy that hit me also had a chance to miss me if he had been paying attention

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I also got in on one of those deals. Don't join if you have a ticket already and expect them to represent you. They'll want 200 dollars on top on the 100 you have to pay to sign up. Plus they have these little loopholes that get them out of representing you if they don't want to.

You don't have to be a speeder to get a ticket you don't deserve. Have some come over in your lane on a two lane highway, and then run off the road. In Clark County,AR you get a ticket for Careless and prohibited Driving. If you hit them and kill them, and stay put you get off. Go figure. Once you get the ticket you can go to court. Prosecutor will tell you can do probation. They will take the fees and charge you a civil penalty of 150 dollars. The probation fees are 100 dollars. Then the defensive driver's course costs 50 dollars. Guess what? Then the teacher there tells you if someone comes over in your lane leave the road instead of having a head on. Guess what? Then the judge decides to change his mind and it's still on your record, and you are out abotu 300 dollars, and I wasn't speeding when that happened. Heck I was only in 6 gear.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
I also got in on one of those deals. Don't join if you have a ticket already and expect them to represent you. They'll want 200 dollars on top on the 100 you have to pay to sign up. Plus they have these little loopholes that get them out of representing you if they don't want to.

You don't have to be a speeder to get a ticket you don't deserve. Have some come over in your lane on a two lane highway, and then run off the road. In Clark County,AR you get a ticket for Careless and prohibited Driving. If you hit them and kill them, and stay put you get off. Go figure. Once you get the ticket you can go to court. Prosecutor will tell you can do probation. They will take the fees and charge you a civil penalty of 150 dollars. The probation fees are 100 dollars. Then the defensive driver's course costs 50 dollars. Guess what? Then the teacher there tells you if someone comes over in your lane leave the road instead of having a head on. Guess what? Then the judge decides to change his mind and it's still on your record, and you are out abotu 300 dollars, and I wasn't speeding when that happened. Heck I was only in 6 gear.
If you have a CDL charges cannot be reduced or dismissed by taking a defensive driver's course . You may have the court order you to take one , though .