One More About Engines

bushrod

Expert Expediter
The Mack CS200 compaired to the INT and cat. Just trieing to make the best choice. Thank all you guys for your help.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Hard to tell as very few expediters run Macks. I personally have never owned one. A distant observation would be the issue of parts availability. It would seem somewhat limited. Cost of parts would be another consideration. Maybe some Mack owners can enlighten us on the differences.
Davekc
owner
20 years

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
If you decide to go with the Mack, let us know your experiences.
As mentioned, there aren't too many out there so it will be interesting to see how they do.
Davekc

merkurfan

Expert Expediter
I ran a mack for my previous carrier, now it sits because it is to old for Panther (such is life). Mine is a midliner, the WORST for getting parts due to the fact that NONE of it is American. It is probably not a good compairision. However, it never left me walking, parts could be got quickly if needbe (most had to be fedex'd) I had 0 downtime.

Some say once you go mack, you never go back. I guess it is all up to you. Mack uses common brake systems, axles and transmissions for the most part.

Then there are those with the jokes.. Know why the dog is facing forward? So both a-holes can look at each other. Know why the dog on the hood is smiling? He is sitting on the crap, and your sitting in it.

Little Mack factoid. If the dog is gold, the truck is 100% pure mack.