On-Time Express

raynchk

Seasoned Expediter
I've searched the forums and can't find any posts about these guys, anyone out there got something to say about them? Any info appreciated, good, bad, or indifferent...
thanks

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Raynchk;

Here is the only info I have on them. Have not heard good, bad or indifferent about them myself, but have obviously hired a driver that has worked for them in the past. Can't remember which driver.

On Time Express
P.O. Box 5456
Plymouth, MI 48170

Ph(734)451-2255
Fax(734)454-4883

Thanks,
HotFr8Recruiter:)

volunteer 1

Expert Expediter
I called On Time and told them I had a van with a built in bunk and I was told that they would not need my services because their owner operators needed to haul 3 skids. When I asked about sleeping arrangements they said when I delivered I could sleep anyway I wanted.

I have been doing expedite for 10 years following many years in other trucking businesses and I have never heard that much disrespect for drivers safety and comfort, ever.

What about driving for 10 or 12 hours to arrive at 3AM only to find out that receiving opens at 7AM, or a Monday morning delivery when you arrive Saturday night.

I lost interest quickly, oh by the way they never let me get to the point to where I can make room for 3 skids in about 2 minutes.

No thank you, hire robots they can live for 3 weeks at a time without rest or any comfort.

Thanks for letting me blow off steam.

Volunteer

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Ark... it means if they have one score at 75 or higher, they're on the DOT radar. If they have two or more, then count on spending a good portion of your time at the scales getting inspected.

-Vampire Super Slooth Trucker!!!

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
i had that feeling when i was driving for them because everytime i pulled on a scale to get weighed i got pulled around back. i asked a dot officer once if the company had a bad rating and she told me she wasn't at liberty to say.

gavinsdad

Seasoned Expediter
I work for On-Time Express. They recently moved to a larger facility Livonia MI from Plymouth MI to start expanding the business, so the address and phone# have recently changed from the ones listed on hotfr8recruiters posting. The name of the Company has also been changed slightly to On-Time Express & Logistics Inc. to reflect their new ability to provide freight storage and a cross-docking facility to their customers at their new location. Anyone interested in the updated info can send me a PM and I will relay it to them.

As far as I am concerned On-Time Express & Logistics is a top-notch company. I own and operate a Super-D solo and have been with them for 9 months. They are a small carrier comprised of almost all solo units and absolutely no fleet-owners. They operate along the same principles of Landstar, ie: Linehaul % + 100% of FSC. A lot of people may shy away from this as it is not the way that most expedite carriers pay their contractors, but I can assure you that this pay scale works to the advantage of the o/o as On-Time is not a cheap carrier. I rarely haul freight for less than 1.40+ per loaded mile.

The owner of the company, Bob Stark, does all of the recruiting and is often in the dispatch room doing the dirty work along with all of the other dispatchers. He is an easy man to talk to and has more than 20 years in the business. He is respectable and honest. All of the dispatchers are great people and have been with the company for quite some time, and being lied to by them is something that does not happen.

As far as I am concerned based on my experience, On-Time is Michigan's best kept secret.