Old Stinky Trucks

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
Why oh why on a cool weather day does someone ALWAYS have to pull up next to us in an old truck with stinky exhaust?? I really enjoy my windows cracked or the roof fan on, and everytime I do I either get someone who smokes one ciggarette after another or a truck with horrible exhaust fumes, lol. Next time, and I always say this, I'm not parking at the truck stop. I think they may be doing it on purpose....I can see the laughter from here.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Why oh why on a cool weather day does someone ALWAYS have to pull up next to us in an old truck with stinky exhaust?? I really enjoy my windows cracked or the roof fan on, and everytime I do I either get someone who smokes one ciggarette after another or a truck with horrible exhaust fumes, lol. Next time, and I always say this, I'm not parking at the truck stop. I think they may be doing it on purpose....I can see the laughter from here.

Take the sign down, " Park here".:D

Monty

Expert Expediter
A smoker in another truck bothers you? Me thinks yer way too sensitive!

As for me ... I always park in the nether regions .. often at Wal-Mart, McDonalds, etc ... it's that sweet smell of the truck stop lot that gets me!

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
UMM parking lot cooked urine smell :p:eek: I can move away, its the smell inside the truck stop that bumps into you or plops down next to you in the T V room that makes me want to PUKE . I swear some people do not Know what a SHOWER is. :eek:

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
Old trucks with stinky exhaust have to park too.. I don't think they pick you out and say.. let's go park by them so we can stink them out.. :)

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Well, the only honest suggestion I could give the original poster would be to walk into the truck stop and find out who the owner is and buy the truck stop..or at least the parking lot. You will then have the right to select who parks there and who doesn't :D

Until then, you probably better work on being a little more tolerant of your peers.. or seek out other places to park.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
]
Well, the only honest suggestion I could give the original poster would be to walk into the truck stop and find out who the owner is and buy the truck stop..or at least the parking lot. You will then have the right to select who parks there and who doesn't :D

Until then, you probably better work on being a little more tolerant of your peers.. or seek out other places to park.

View attachment 2771 Park this, wanna donut.:eek:lol

copdsux

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
A smoker in another truck bothers you? Me thinks yer way too sensitive!

As for me ... I always park in the nether regions .. often at Wal-Mart, McDonalds, etc ... it's that sweet smell of the truck stop lot that gets me!

He speaks the truth, Nota. Sitting at a stop light, I can detect a smoker three cars away. And if they are right next to me, up go the windows. Not only do they stink, they take my breath away(Emphysema). After I quit smoking, I was appalled at the odor coming from/off smokers. I asked folks if that it how i smelled, when I smoked, & they answered in the affirmitive.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How dare a truck park at a truck stop. The nerve of some people!

I think coffee stinks but I deal with it just like some people need to deal with cigarettes or exhaust in public spaces. Now people with BO, lets just blow them up.

Last edited:

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Coffee stinks, so does body odor, but they don't kill, so I deal with them. Cigarettes, on the other hand kill people, and bother me so much that I have to move. I can't even be outside next to a smoker, or I'll have major problems.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Coffee stinks, so does body odor, but they don't kill, so I deal with them. Cigarettes, on the other hand kill people, and bother me so much that I have to move. I can't even be outside next to a smoker, or I'll have major problems.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

I'm not so sure body odor can't kill. :)