Old School Teams

Terry Bratt

New Recruit
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Where are the serious tractor teams who know how to stay out and run 90 to 180 days, that want to clear $2800 to $3300 per week but only drive 2800 to 5k miles per week to earn it ? But yet go home anytime they go by the house for a 34 or 10 in route?
I've got new trucks but need serious teams.

Terry Bratt

New Recruit
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Your right owner operators, but some can't afford their own truck. Does that mean they don't deserve to make good money?

90 to 180 days seriously friend? That's the problem with current day drivers. They want to make good money BUT DO NOT want to work. If you think you have to go home every two weeks? Then don't drive a truck go get a stock boy job at Wal-Mart friend and make 4 or $500 A week before taxes. Sorry not being mean for what I'm looking for in teams is no different then my wife & I do EXCEPT we stay on the road FIVE MONTHS at a time and never go home. We go home two months out of the year. This is why we now have an ability to help others reach for financial freedom by hiring teams to run new trucks so we can semi retire in order to dispatch those trucks under our numbers with our carrier lease partners. Seriously WHY would you be away from home for MAYBE $1k max a week when you could take home $3k a week equaling $12k per month? Seems to be a NO brainer to someone SERIOUS about their future !!!

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My point was anybody with that work ethic generally gets into their own truck.
Then there’s those who get into their own truck and stay out like that because they can’t afford to go home.
In another thread I told of a young couple, young and new to trucking that did $300,000 in their first 12 months in a straight truck.
They thought why give an owner 40% when we do all the work ? They negotiated to buy the truck the truck they were driving.

If you work 5 months and go home one, it’s the same as working 24 days per month. Alittle over 3 weeks out and then a week off.
More people want to enjoy the fruits of their labor.
And $6000 per month for a good TT driver is not awesome money. It’s at the high end, but Walmart Drivers make that being home weekly.
So do many local drivers. In your bigger cities.

I’m curious how many teams you have on the road now. How many have over 12 months with you ? And what have they averaged per year ?
I don’t want potential earnings. I like facts. I can’t Bank potential earnings. Only actual earnings.

I see you in the classifieds, and you have good equipment. You just can’t base your business plan on finding this type of driver.
You may find “homeless” drivers that want to stay out all the time.
Occasionally they’ll hustle to reach a certain goal, and they often burn out fast.
Others want to stay out a lot, but as one owner told me “I once had a team that took the truck, not cause they wanted to work. I think they just needed a place to live.”

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I reread that you want to semi retire and go home and dispatch these hard working drivers.
I chuckled. Tired of working so hard ? Or feeling philanthropic ?

Reactions: purgoose10

Terry Bratt

New Recruit
Fleet Owner
US Marines
First friend you need to pay attention to what you read! Second if you were not trying to discredit my post so flagrantly? You would realize the difference between WORK ethics and a need to work.

Based upon your lack of proof reading before responding you would not have made the mistake of breaking dwn a $6000 per month income, when clearly my post stated a $12,000.00 plus per month NET income your first error friend. Next your hypothesis regarding one never going home because they can't afford to?

Ones personal embellishments of financial obligations and their view of responsibility towards them is of a personal nature. But being as you made reference towards my desire to semi retire? Would indicate that your insinuating a possible lack of financial responsibility or the non possession of a home constituting a need to live in a truck!

Of which demonstrates sir/madam that your comprehension of the trucking industry is severely misconstrued to say the least.

Being as it was I of whom made reference to paying OTHERS deserving to make good money. IF they have the drive, ambition, desire AND WORK ETHICS to do what needs to be done to gain their OWN financial independence sir!

This also being emphasised by my rhetorical comments about today's truck drivers desire to make good money , but; UNWILLING to do what is needed to make that money.

So in closing sir, though your comments are obviously lacking in intellectual comprehension of the subject matter sir.

Along with a self embarrassing demonstration in non-intellectual comprehension of the English language?

It's been a comically amusing exchange of electronic correspondence . But all things must end hence I will not waste any more time in intellectual combative conversing with one of whom so openly demonstrates sir!

Being measured , observed and found falling short of such abilities !

Good luck in your future endeavors sir

Last edited:

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I apologize.
I figured the $12,000 per month was per team. I generally only got 1/2 of the team pay.
I’d let my partner have the other 1/2.

I’m sad that you didn’t answer any of the questions I asked. It would have made fine reading.

You sound like a fine owner.

Good Luck to you.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Sorry.
I imagine we’re done.
He won’t come back for more.

I believe I’ve forgotten more about trucking than he’ll ever know.

Reactions: ntimevan

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sorry.
I imagine we’re done.
He won’t come back for more.

I believe I’ve forgotten more about trucking than he’ll ever know.
Well ... give it push... lol
New member ..he joined in January
Made 5 posts .. 2 in which were pointed at you .. lol
Lives in Texas .. but comes on E O looking for the Best of the Best but none of the Rest in Team Drivers ...
Maybe you should have Painted him a different picture of like Puppies playing in the green grass ... Lol

☠.. Online courses now available for Pot Stirring

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
One thing the OP fails to realize is that this message board is for mainly smaller expediting trucks. Not too many tractor drivers on here. Also the forums are not for advertising, there is a free classified section for that. Now he can also pay for advertising for a spot on the main page.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Sorry not being mean for what I'm looking for in teams is no different then my wife & I do EXCEPT we stay on the road FIVE MONTHS at a time and never go home.
Oh, I don't think you're being mean, I think you're being breathtakingly unrealistic to expect to find drivers with the same motivations, mentalities and ethics as you and your wife have, who at the same time wants to drive someone else's truck.

Seems to be a NO brainer to someone SERIOUS about their future !!!
Right there, you've already determined that unless they think like you, they aren't serious about their future. Or, at least not serious enough for your standards. Fact is, people have wildly varying goals and motivations.

Just from what I've read thus far and garnering what you expect, I envision a litany of micromanagement issues in attempting to sweep aside the independent contractor parameters in favor of an employer/employee relationship where you get all up in their business regarding ways and means, availability, and load selection.

If you put that 90-120 days in the contract, the only people who would sign it are desperate. In fact, putting that in the contract would be an excellent litmus test - anybody willing to sign it is someone you don't want anything to do with.

In any event, in any future postings you make, I strongly recommend that you refrain from personal attacks. Not only does it scream "fleet owner no one would want to drive for," but it will severely limit your ability to post in these forums.

On a side note, I really get a kick out of it when someone posts a long rant trying to berate someone for a "self embarrassing demonstration in non-intellectual comprehension of the English language," while using laughably abhorrent grammar and punctuation wrapped in nonsensical, incomplete sentences.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
First friend you need to pay attention to what you read! Second if you were not trying to discredit my post so flagrantly? You would realize the difference between WORK ethics and a need to work.

l’ll answer your reply, paragraph by paragraph.
Whereas I have a fair knowledge of trucking, I am technically challenged and cannot post multiple quotes. So I’ll do a paragraph at a time and run up my useless post count.

1. I do pay attention to what I read.
2. I never tried to discredit your post.
3. I realize the difference between work ethic and the need to work. They often go hand in hand.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Based upon your lack of proof reading before responding you would not have made the mistake of breaking dwn a $6000 per month income, when clearly my post stated a $12,000.00 plus per month NET income your first error friend. Next your hypothesis regarding one never going home because they can't afford to?

Sorry about error. I assumed 5,000 miles per week would be a team. Two drivers doing 5000 EACH in a week isn’t happening in 2018.

Last edited:

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And yes, many O/Os don’t go home because they can’t afford to.
I never alluded ( look it up ) to you not being unable to go home OR to you being homeless.
It does sound like you can’t afford to let your teams go home. That also, sadly, is common.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ones personal embellishments of financial obligations and their view of responsibility towards them is of a personal nature. But being as you made reference towards my desire to semi retire? Would indicate that your insinuating a possible lack of financial responsibility or the non possession of a home constituting a need to live in a truck!

QUOTE]
Agree with first part.
All I insinuated is that you’re probably tired of working as hard as you want your new teams to work.

Last edited:

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Of which demonstrates sir/madam that your comprehension of the trucking industry is severely misconstrued to say the least.
QUOTE]
Sorry, we all can’t be as bright as you.

sir/madam......me being Bi has nothing to do with this argument.

Last edited:
Reactions: RoadTime