OK to wear football jerseys when season is over?

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter
I'm a little behind in the game, but my wife ordered me a couple of Jerseys off of ebay, and football season just ended. I've heard different opinions on this, and I wanted to know what you guys think. Here in KC, you hardly ever see anybody wearing chiefs gear in the summer, and supposedly, it's an unwritten rule not to, because it "jinxes" the team. In Chicago, I see people wearing bears jerseys, caps and t-shirts year round. I just started playing golf, and the jerseys fit loose enough to be really comfortable. what do you guys think?

Jayman

Expert Expediter
RE: OK to wear football jerseys when season is ove

I think Bear fans should stop wearing their gear in the off season. LOL just kidding.

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter

VERRRRYYYY funny. I'm going to wear mine, just for a show of support. we have several colts fans here in KC, (not bandwagon jumpers) who are sporting E. James jerseys on casual fridays. I won't buy any player (except Urlacher) who's currently playing, because they could leave anytime. I just got a Singletary and Perry, (they are knockoffs, I'm not rich). :)

Jayman

Expert Expediter

I wear my stuff most of the year too. As far as getting a jersey of a player who may leave one day...if you buy, it may be worth something someday.

Jayman

Expert Expediter

Well...somebody from Bloomington, IN might want it? LOL Rexy is from that area. My sis inlaw actually knows his Dad. She is an RN and Rexy's dad is a Dr.

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter

I wouldn't buy his jersey until He proves himself to me. I have no confidence in him whatsoever, though I believe he will get better.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter

Sure it's ok! I have Shaun Alexander and Lofa Tatupu jerseys in the truck now. When sports is concerned, anything goes.

When I lived in Chattanooga, I wore a Wendell Clark jersey (Toronto Maple Leafs). Got a lot of weird looks, but a few compliments from ppl who actually knew what hockey was. LOL

I almost bought a hat on ebay... Seattle Seahawks Superbowl XL Champs. Woulda been worth it just to pizz a couple Stealers fans off! ;) :7

-Vampire Super Slooth Trucker!!!

jbrbears

Seasoned Expediter

That's kind of what I thought. I'm very much the "individual" anyway, so I would have made up my own mind. The singletary jersey got a few weird glances, probably due to the fact that the "youngsters" didn't even know who he is/was. what happens when I get my Gale Sayers jersey?

;-)