ok just wondering

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
ok just a few quick things well one only , .... why do you drive trucks ? I drive them for love yes money as well but the real reason is because this is all I know to climb up in a pete,mack,freightliner.kenworth Volvo or a hino I can be feeling lousy but once I enter the cabin of any unit , I feel a different person to smell diesel , it is a smell that I feel wow , to hear the sound of the cummins or Detroit or any other motor running . it is like all my worrys has completely disappeared . & to be driving down or across this great nation or out on some dusty outback road in Australia . I feel like the old song yrs ago KING OF THE ROAD . & this is why I driven trucks for as long as I have . ..... just wondering why others drive for ? wombat .

Last edited:

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
I try adding a link if you guys want to listen to a great song about what we all do......... go to YOUTUBE slim dusty ... lights on the hill it is a great SONG ..but it just will not allow me to copy & paste it

guido4475

Not a Member
I guess it started with me learning when I was in my early teens to work on a truck- brakes, starters, brake chambers, slack adjusters, water pumps, etc....I learned on a 318 Detroit, then on a Cummins 290 fuel sqeazer engine. It just took off from there. Always doing things to Dad's truck while he was at home sleeping...painting the frame, polishing the wheels and tanks, washing it in the dead of winter..It was something I grew to love...But, one day, with the most serious look in his eyes while we were working on the truck, he told me if I drove a big truck when I grew up he'd dis-own me...He got over that, and now says he is glad I followed in his footsteps, and realized I wouldn't be happy doing anything else..Sure, this life has alot of sacrafices, But the freedom that we have is what so many can only dream of, while making good money.