October 2019 .. Load 1 Style

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
5 for 5 now in delivering World Series Champions t-shirts in the winning city. Word is out about me. Or at least it should be.

Sporting goods stores, they start stocking championship t-shirts, sweatshirt and caps, for Division, League, and World Series winners as the series progresses. When the Nats won their second game, more shirts on Friday. But the next shipment will be dependent on the team winning a third game to get closer to victory, which the Nats failed to do on Friday, and Saturday, and Sunday.

But they finally won that third game on Tuesday so lots more shirts delivered on Wednesday. In my case I delivered to 3 stores, dropped off 10 boxes, 3 boxes, and 2 boxes, respectively, drove about 80 miles, and it paid, uhm, well, about what a load with 10 times those miles would pay.

Because the Nats won the Series, more shirts on Thursday. First load is picked up at 0600 and goes to 4 stores, maybe 100 miles total, then I go back at 1600 and do it again. So the 2 loads on Thursday, totaling maybe 200 miles, pays the equivalent of a decent week.

I highly recommend trying to make it a point to be in a city where a team in still playing in October. Especially one where the team is likely to win.

Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Happy Halloween and goodbye October.
It was not a very good month for me. Too many truck repairs and the UAW strike.
Hopefully November will be a great month for all of us.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Nothing happy about Halloween for me ever since my dad died on this day back in 2006.
Has become my least favorite day of the year. But I'm sure others enjoy this day who don't have a death attached to it, but it is what it is ;)

What did make me happy today, was getting my van back out of the shop, fixed with no additional charge :p:smiley_driving:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Another day and another airplane. Back to DTW!

Sent from my iPad using EO Forums