Now be honest with yourself!

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
Be honest with your answer to the following question:

When you log on and show your PTI for each day, do you truely check the brake shoes, drums, etc and the hub oil levels? Or do you assume that you will be fine if you do a visual inspection say once every other day?

Now we all know what the proper inspection requires, and I'm not asking you to publically tell on yourself. Just think about it. Now when you have closed down a busy interstate for hours, placed firemen and law enforcement at risk, and you are asked by Highway Patrol how your brake(s) or hub(s) caught fire while traveling down the road resulting in this (see photo below), what will your answer be? Will it match the final conclusion in the DOT investigation?

Yesterday afternoon this T/T passed me going eb on I-40 in Arkansas. I was traveling at the posted 65mph for trucks. This truck was able to gain a 15 mile lead on me in a short period of time, only to end up on the shoulder on fire ahead of us. Unfortunately, both trailer and freight were lost but the driver(s) were able to unhook the tractor, thus saving it. Initial cause of the fire is suspected to have started in the brake(s) or hub(s).

Attachments

• Swift Trailer.jpg
    Swift Trailer.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited: